Job Report request(;-)

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Vmax549

Job Report request(;-)

Post by Vmax549 »

Hiya Les, On the job report could we get you to include the TOTAL number of pierces to the summary at the end of the report?

ALSO could we get you to ADD the Job X/Y EXTENTS to the report summary for Job costing?

Maybe a job costing plugin to use mat cost, cut inches, pierces, total cut time,etc and do a cost report.

Just a thought, By the way the latest version is doing VERY WELL(;-)

Thanks, (;-) TP
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Click on the job report button and then click on the 'edit template' button. Right at the bottom of the file you should see this:

Code: Select all

<br clear="left">Total Rapid distance&#58; @RapidDistance@
<br clear="left">Job time&#58; @TotalTime@
</p>
</body>
</html>
Change it to

Code: Select all

<br clear="left">Total Rapid distance&#58; @RapidDistance@
<br clear="left">Number of pierces&#58; @Pierces@
<br clear="left">Job time&#58; @TotalTime@
</p>
</body>
</html>

That will work for the dev version but I'm not sure if it will work for the stable version. I'll try to add the part and job extents to the next release.

Job costing is a good idea. It is just an extension of the job report. I will need to think on this one. If you can tell me how you currently work out the job cost, that would help.
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

HIYA LES, That fixed up the total pierces (;-) on the report

NOW is it posible to put the MATERIAL used on the report as well. The saved material file name would be fine.

ALSO I noticed the total time now shows as Min/secs. Is there a way to change it BACK to secs only OR include the total time as secs as well.

AS to job costing I am sure it is done many different ways.

I would invision it as such.

ADD to the material file the following fields

M$ = Material cost per unit(Square inches)
P$ = Pierce Cost per each
C$ = Cut cost per unit ( inch)
O$ = Operational costs

Then Take X/Y extents (LxW=area in units) = area in units(SQin)

SqIn x M$ = Mcost
Pierces x P$ = Pcost
CutInches x C$ = Ccost
Time(jobtotal) x O$ = Ocost
--------------
Total Cost ( $ 999.99)

Any cost factor not used you would enter 0 (zero) and that would zero out that particular cost factor in the report.

This allows us to use just about any cost method I can think of.

Thanks (;-) TP
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

HIYA LES, I figured out how to add a MATERIAL section to the report BUT I don't know any of your function calls so I can't populate the report with info.

Is there a LIST of the parameter calls you use in SC ???
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I'll add material dimensions to the report variables. I'll also look into job costing.

In the dev version if you show the debug log (Help->debug log) and generate a report you will see all of the sections and variables that are created. Note that you will only see the ones used by your job. For instance if you don't use a V tool there will be no V tool data available.
ALSO I noticed the total time now shows as Min/secs. Is there a way to change it BACK to secs only OR include the total time as secs as well.
Why do you need that?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The next release has a few extra variables added. I have also added a Jet summary template that includes the number of pierces and the job area. This is the smallest rectangle that will cover all cut paths.

Currently job reports currently simply report existing data. There is no provision for scripting or maths so I can't currently use it to calculate costings.
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

Hi Les the older versions called the time in SECs SO all my job costing is in secs. When it changed to Min/sec in put a crimp in the costing as I now have to convert the min/sec back into secs.

(;-) TP
Vmax549

Post by Vmax549 »

Hi Les, Looking at the newest dev version.

Under the report debug I see

JobextentW = 1.2598
JobextentH = 1.2598
JobArea = 40.315 in

iF area is H xW then something is wrong with the math.

(;-) TP