tabs

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
nobby

tabs

Post by nobby »

is there a tab option?

flapping about

so if you had.....

100mm box

material 10mm think

materials dialog box
cut depth 10.5mm

NEW TAB FEATURE:

turn on tabs [ YES ]
place tab at [80mm] intervals < drop down menu 10mm incerements
set tab height = [ 1mm ] - < drop down menu 1-5mm
length of tab [ 10mm ] , drop dowmn menu 5-25mm
enter>

plces tabs on the tool path every 80mm works it all out for you
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

In your contour operation go to the 'cut path' tab and click on the 'holding tabs' button. Note that the thickness of the tabs is based on the material thickness. If for instance you have 25mm material and have a tab thickness of 5mm you won't see any tabs if you try placing them on a cut that is only 15mm deep.
nobby

Post by nobby »

Thank you very much

great just had a play
8mm thick material

8.5 cut depth
8mm tabs
1mm high

-I take it its from the table up?

damn, this software is good.
while I am on, why am i getting better results exporting hpgl.plt files instead of dxf?

cannot believe I have already done three jobs tabless, what a wolly.
nobby

Post by nobby »

aha, you know that means I don't have to buy a vacumm bed - excellent
nobby

aha!!

Post by nobby »

ypou can see the tool path steps in mach!!

this is great.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

nobby wrote:Thank you very much
8.5 cut depth
8mm tabs
1mm high

-I take it its from the table up?
Specify a material thickness of 8mm and tab thickness of 1mm. As you've probably already discovered you need to set a value for the thickness of the spoil board (height of the material above the table) or SheetCam will complain that the cutter may hit the table.
you can see the tool path steps in mach!!
You can also see them in SheetCam. In view toolpaths mode hold the shift key and drag with your mouse to rotate the display.
nobby

aha

Post by nobby »

wonderful

yes see the toolpaths in sheetcam.
mach

right please teach me about nesting, - i have found that I need more space between the items to be cut as things go a bit squiffy, say a string of text, will it auto nest it ? what I mean is in corel I draw my limit work area and ungroup everything and place it in the box
can I simply import the lot - I can't can I?

now why am I getting so much fur or hair - is it because I have an up spiral flute
should I be using a down flute? or will that simply lift the material
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: aha

Post by Les Newell »

nobby wrote:right please teach me about nesting, - i have found that I need more space between the items to be cut as things go a bit squiffy, say a string of text, will it auto nest it ? what I mean is in corel I draw my limit work area and ungroup everything and place it in the box
can I simply import the lot - I can't can I?
SheetCam can't auto nest but it can manually nest. Load your drawing then right-click in the parts window and select 'break up manually nested drawing'. You will now be able to nest the letters. Look in help->tutorials->operation tutorials->tutorial 4 for more help on nesting.
now why am I getting so much fur or hair - is it because I have an up spiral flute. Should I be using a down flute? or will that simply lift the material
For plastics up cut is usually better. I would suggest a higher feed rate. Generally you want to feed as fast as possible.