Set custom post options

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Unionriverdesigns

Set custom post options

Post by Unionriverdesigns »

I am trying to add a “ Set custom post options” dialog menu to my custom post. I have merged two posts together (Avid CNC Mach4 and Mach4 TMC3in1) so that I could add scribe to my Avid CNC post and use all of the Avid functions in Mach4. So far the post is working fine but I have nowhere to choose Mechanical or Ohmic Touchoff Both posts have the menu button (Options>Machine>Post processor>Set custom post options) and I would like to add it to mine.
Thanks
bLouChip

Re: Set custom post options

Post by bLouChip »

WOW! I studied " Mach4 TMC3in1.scpost". That is quite a DefineCustom... all of it - logic! Masterful.

Are you trying to add a "Mechanical or Ohmic" boolean choice option to the large list of options in your clone/merger of this scpost ?

OR do you just want to use one or a couple of custom options in your own Custom Options window ?

The solution can differs depending on your specific intent; But then on the other hand, the " Mach4 TMC3in1.scpost" is quite the model for Custom Options, Custom vars, and Tool Parms, so that model can be reused.
MillRight CNC MegaV XL XYZA Tri-CAM Mill/Plasma/Laser
grbl 1.1i, UGS, Win 11, LightBurn, SC, Aspire, and sometimes [con]Fusion360
my youtube channel
Unionriverdesigns

Post by Unionriverdesigns »

The Avid post is almost identical to the TMC3in1 minus marker tool, start points, and Ohmic. The problem I’m having is the custom menu does not show at all. Luckily it defaults to Ohmic. I’m sure I’m just missing a simple line of text to get the Button to show. Or just missing a step somewhere along the way. The only down side on either post is delays where set to use Milliseconds with Mach instead of seconds but that was as easy as changing G4 P0.### to G4 P0.0##. I don’t know why all of the posts are like that when you enter seconds into the tool parameter and it posts without a decimal since Mach reads P without as Milliseconds. If I added anything to a post or Mach it would be a Dialog box after cycle start that said “Is ground connected?” Ok to continue. That would save me from pulling my hair out. I’m not sure if that would be in a post or Mach.
bLouChip

Post by bLouChip »

Upload your scpost file and I’ll have a look.
MillRight CNC MegaV XL XYZA Tri-CAM Mill/Plasma/Laser
grbl 1.1i, UGS, Win 11, LightBurn, SC, Aspire, and sometimes [con]Fusion360
my youtube channel