Parts disappear when importing new part?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Tristar500

Parts disappear when importing new part?

Post by Tristar500 »

I've got a sheet partially filled and when I attempt to add an additional part one of the existing parts just vanishes.
???
I can get back to where I started by closing (and not saving) then open the job again.

Tried restarting SheetCam and a reboot of computer.

I'm using the latest version 7.0.21

Notice square part in upper corner is gone when new part is added (new part in lower left corner)
Attachments
sheetcam1.1.jpg
sheetcam1.1.jpg (158.33 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
sheetcam1.0.jpg
sheetcam1.0.jpg (163.93 KiB) Viewed 1263 times
djreiswig

Re: Parts disappear when importing new part?

Post by djreiswig »

What is the name of your new part? The parts list is the same in both pictures. Are you accidentally importing a drawing into an existing part instead of creating a new part?
David Buchhauser

Re: Parts disappear when importing new part?

Post by David Buchhauser »

djreiswig wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:17 pm What is the name of your new part? The parts list is the same in both pictures. Are you accidentally importing a drawing into an existing part instead of creating a new part?
Djreiswig - you may be right. Perhaps he mistakenly clicked on "Import drawing" instead of "New part". That will sometimes have the effect of deleting one of the other parts when the new drawing is imported. The fix is to only "Import drawing" once, then use "New part" to add parts to the existing drawing.
I'm not sure why he as the red "X" indicating an error. If he would hover his mouse pointer over the red "X" - the actual error message should be displayed.

David