help with commissioning a cnc plasms

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
john brooks

help with commissioning a cnc plasms

Post by john brooks »

hello all.
im new to sheetcam and have little experience with plasma cutting but train as a old school toolmaker and have done precision cnc machining for 20 year.
these past 10 years i have run my own company and worked on may off the wall job include reto fitting mills and laths to cnc but currently im commissioning a cnc plasms for a local company and have had lots of problems. been all round the houses with this job, from broken control wires and incorrect setting in the controller configuration setup.
now
i am at the software stage and have looked every where for a program to suit the job and will be easy to teach the costumer to use and sheetcam looks good so far, i personally use onecnc but that over kill for this.

my main question is about the post processing, the sheetcam has a controller that's close to mine but dose not have thc.

controler = fangling f2300a/
plasma m/m = lgk2001gbt/
thc = avc 168/
torch zhanghi xf300

any advice or a updated would be great
many thanks john
robertspark

Re: help with commissioning a cnc plasms

Post by robertspark »

my main question is about the post processing, the sheetcam has a controller that's close to mine but dose not have thc.
this statement confuses me, sheetcam does not have any controllers.... sheetcam creates gcode from a 2D or 2.5D profile, and there are a number of post processor files which can change that gcode to match a very large number of machines.

There are 3 post processors for the fangling controllers as shown in the attached screenshot, you can edit these for any number of options whether you want THC or you don't.

Using Chinese controllers can be problematic on my experience as the information on them can be lacking. What is cheap is not always good and you ay end up spending your time learning how exactly they work.

(I use linuxcnc + qt plasmac and mesa hardware with intgrated THC which is largely free, but the controller boards cost about $150 USD)

I am not seeing a FULL list of G or M Codes to turn the THC on and off, although I can see THC UP and THC down inputs and also an ARC OK signal.

https://www.cnccontroller.store/wp-cont ... Manual.pdf
Attachments
2023-03-31 14_20_08-Greenshot.png
2023-03-31 14_20_08-Greenshot.png (7.44 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
anthonylangevin

Re: help with commissioning a cnc plasms

Post by anthonylangevin »

hi i wondering if you cab send me your post for linux cnc qt plasmac

tanks