A few more bugs

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

A few more bugs

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les, got a few more things to bring up...
1) I emailed you a support file sometime last week for a random crash. The support file was to big to post here. Any news on what happened there?

2) Not sure if you have intended to have released an update to fix the initial rapid move originating in the middle of the sheet, but that's still happening as of this morning. No rapids are displaying at all with one part on a sheet in any mode. In start point mode with duplicated parts, the rapid is coming from one of the duplicates to the original. In Nest mode, its just like a loop of rapid lines from part to part, nothing from 0,0.

3)Something funky is going on in the reports distance and times when the only operations are only "Rapid To" and "Move To" commands. See attached job file #1. It is displaying an insanely large distance and time.

4)The cut path for some text shapes are a little problematic. They go back over lines that have already been cut and this is causing a number of issues from torch crashes to etches far too deep. See attached job file #2. The "T", "P", "B", and "m" in this file display the issue very well. Not sure if this is an issue with the font or the tool path generator.

5)Could the heavy blue line of tabs be made to display in the nesting mode also? It seems they are only visible when in the tabs mode. No big deal if its hard to do, just would be nice.

6)Still having an issue with the profiles not opening correctly. I just saved a file from my laser profile and tried to open it by just double-clicking the file and it opened it in the default profile.
Attachments
Support#2.zip
(41.29 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Support#1.zip
(13.77 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: A few more bugs

Post by Les Newell »

Thanks for the bug reports. I didn't see your email. It must have been lost in transit.
I'll take a look at the other issues later next week. This month has been a little busy with other stuff and I haven't really had much chance to work on SheetCam.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

No problem, totally understand being busy. This month has been pretty crazy over here too.

The email was on Thursday 1/19/23 ~17:30UTC. Maybe they were too big for your email server too. One was 9MB and the other was 17MB.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I don't normally have trouble with large files. I've made a start of the bug fixes.

The rapid move was starting at the end of the last displayed move. This is pretty much what would happen on your machine if you just ran the same code twice.
It's now fixed to always start on 0,0 or the parking position if you have a parking position defined.
3)Something funky is going on in the reports distance and times when the only operations are only "Rapid To" and "Move To" commands. See attached job file #1. It is displaying an insanely large distance and time.
It took me a while to figure out what is going on here. Internally SheetCam uses a very large value for coordinates that are unknown. Your first operation is a move with no Z position specified, so SheetCam defaults to its 'unknown' Z value. This also explains why the tool paths aren't being displayed - they are somewhere past the orbit of Pluto.

I'm not sure what to do here. I guess SheetCam should issue a warning that the first move should have valid X,Y,Z coordinates.
4)The cut path for some text shapes are a little problematic.
The TrueType font format cannot handle open paths. All outlines have to be closed loops. Take a close look at the lower case 'e' as a good example. You can see the outline is two curves very close together. This is why I originally went for the shx font format. shx fonts were designed to be used with pen plotters.
Could the heavy blue line of tabs be made to display in the nesting mode also?
I'll have to think on that one.
6)Still having an issue with the profiles not opening correctly.
Could you send me a job file that loads with the wrong profile.
rdlohr

Post by rdlohr »

I can't get tabs to show consistently which is precluding me from making parts. Sometimes when I save the file and reload it I can get them but sometimes not. I've ruined countless parts today because the tabs are not correct on parts I created years ago.