Sheetcam wont open, need to revert back to stable version

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Alexl

Sheetcam wont open, need to revert back to stable version

Post by Alexl »

Am needing some help, was so glad to find there is a forum dedicated to Sheetcam. So, I acquired a secondhand JD squared Plasma table a few years ago, and it came with Sheetcam on the dedicated computer, which has always worked well. Computer is running windows 10 if I'm not mistaken. Do not recall what version of Sheetcam exactly was on it, but it had the old loading screen with the blue background. Went to use it last night, and somehow by accident I or one of my guys must have clicked to update it, and it now has V7.1.24. Sheetcam will not load at all, The new loading screen comes up and thats it, am getting an error message saying something about a plugin. Was going to uninstall, and then download the most recent stable version, however to my understanding I cannot pull the license key without sheetcam actually opening. What do I do here?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Sheetcam wont open, need to revert back to stable version

Post by Les Newell »

Could you let me know exactly what the message says.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

The license is in a file in the settings folder. It's in the windows user folder, not the sheetcam folder.
Alexl

Post by Alexl »

It is at my other shop, will have one of my guys go check and relay that to me this evening. Regardless of that, how can I revert to the stable version considering my key situation? Is there a way?
Alexl

Post by Alexl »

djreiswig wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:45 pm The license is in a file in the settings folder. It's in the windows user folder, not the sheetcam folder.
What do you mean by windows user folder? What I was looking at was Windows/Program Files X86/Sheetcam and did not find the key in there. Maybe I am missing something.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Assuming windows is on your c drive, it should be c:\users\<profile name>\appdata\sheetcam. I think.