Lead in and lead out with line cutting and tab holding.

Request and discuss new features
D3workz

Re: Lead in and lead out with line cutting and tab holding.

Post by D3workz »

djreiswig wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:53 pm Nice job. That eliminates the dimple from an extra pierce.
Or....

If there is the option to include a lead in and out with the tabs option (as it currently is in sheetcam), that would solve all issues. We would be able to create a clean tab with the ability to pierce away from the cutting lines. Even though this option create an extra pierce I still think that this a more flexible option.

One other thing that I never mentioned was that I used to take the opportunity to stop the cutting process in a tab process and give some dwell time, of around 60sec or I ll put an M00 (stop until I hit cycle start again). This is very use full for me as this would allow me to stop a rest the machine and the torch and it gives me time to check the consumables.

If you think that this is silly, keep in mind that many times I end up cutting thick steel (8mm, 10mm and even 12mm) and I would be cutting for 8m to 10m at one go!. If you think about it, if lets say I am cutting 10mm at 1m per minute, that would yield a continuous 8 to 10 mins of non stop cutting. Since I do not always start with fresh consumables it would be nice to have a point where the machine stops and lets you check things or give the opportunity of the torch/machine to cool down. Here where I live in summer we get temperatures of over 38 degrees C.

I know that I sound like I am bragging, but this would be a very cool feature to have.

I wish that this is implemented in the future :mrgreen:

Thanks guys.

Dim