Open Profile Error

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Open Profile Error

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les, The new thing about opening a job file in the profile it was saved in is great! except for one little bug. Every time I open a job file from file explorer, sheetcam opens and prompts to open in the profile it was created in. Click yes and the profile and job opens, but a fatal error message pops up and says sheetcam encountered an error and needs to close. Everything with the job appears to be fine and works fine. All I can assume is that error message is popping up from the first instance closing after the correct profile was opened.

I'm not sure what happens when you click on a file in explorer to open it, but would it not be possible to just open the correct profile to start with or does sheetcam need to start to determine what profile it was saved in? I assumed before when i originally suggested it that a tag could be added to the start string of the job file to open in a particular profile like the desktop shortcuts do.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Open Profile Error

Post by Les Newell »

Yes, I can see the crash here. I'll fix it for the next release. I'll also add a 'don't ask again' check box to the popup that asks if you want to switch profile.

SheetCam has to start and load it's default profile before it can read the job file. Windows uses the file extension to decide what application to start so I can't get it to do anything clever with profiles without first starting SheetCam.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les, got another problem going on with the open profiles thingy since the new update. It looks like it is opening the default profile and toolset with the lathe profile and something really wacky is going on when the contours and toolpaths open up. Attached is a screenshot and a job file. (I really hope this job file was actually saved after the open profiles feature was added... this will be embarassing if it wasnt)
12 inch Soundwall Water Grate.job
(1.58 MiB) Downloaded 39 times
Attachments
SheetCAM Error.PNG
SheetCAM Error.PNG (269.92 KiB) Viewed 1493 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Open your default profile and go to Options->machine. Enable jet cutting again and close SheetCam. That should fix it. I don't know why it defaulted to the turning machine type. I have seen this once here but now can't replicate it.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Okey Dokey... well that fixed the screen layout issue... but now the tool table and post processor is all goofed up. It asked to load or merge the toolsets so i did merge to see what its doing and it loaded all my tools from all my different jet profiles and set the post processor as Allen Bradley.

And then if i try to open a job from a rotary profile, it still loads the toolsets from all of the jet profiles and selects the allen bradley post.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Huh. That's odd. It's not actually changing your profile. Something seems to have messed upthe config file in your default profile.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I found a number of profile switching issues. Hopefully the next release (due out soon) should be a lot better.