Set part order

Request and discuss new features
SeanP

Set part order

Post by SeanP »

Keep wondering if this might be possible Les?
The 'set part order' in nesting is a really handy feature, if it was possible to change the part selected to some sort of highlight/different color that would really be a big help, seem to always miss something and then have to start again somehow, just a idea, thanks.

Shape library is working well now after last update, another good feature!
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Set part order

Post by Les Newell »

That's a good point. I'll add it to the to-do list.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Good stuff, many thanks.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry it's taken so long to get to this. The next release will highlight the last part you clicked on.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Not at all, all good things are worth waiting for no matter how long, be great that I use it every day, usually at least twice on same cut file :lol: , should be good that.
Thanks Les
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Hi Les,
All good with the latest release, was only thinking the other week a line would be handy in the shape library, just the ticket!
Did it prove a bit tricky doing anything with the part order thing? 8)
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Maybe I misunderstood what you wanted. In this release, whatever part you click on in the nesting window will be highlighed in the graphical display.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Les Newell wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:38 pm Maybe I misunderstood what you wanted. In this release, whatever part you click on in the nesting window will be highlighed in the graphical display.
Ah right,,,I thought it was easier to find the part in the parts list! that is probably more useful than I was looking for 8)

What I was really meaning is when in nesting mode and you use 'set part order' it's when selecting parts to use it's then it's not easy to see what parts are chosen, I was wondering if each part that was selected could be highlighted on the nest, it's very easy to miss a part, then you have to start again :x
Thanks
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Oh, I see. I have to admit the part sequence dialog is not the most intuitive to use. I need to re-think the way it works to make it a bit more user friendly.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Just tried out the new version, that's perfect, delighted with that now Les, thanks a million that will make life a lot easier now.