Post processor for Everlast 80i

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
oldgeezer

Post processor for Everlast 80i

Post by oldgeezer »

I have an Everlast 80i with the cnc package that I am using with sheetcam. Are there post processors for various plasma cutters or is there just the one and you modify it for your plasma cutter. What caused me to wonder is I was watching a fellow on youtube and he loaded a post processor into sheetcam and it came with settings for various thickness metals (or at least that is what I thought I saw). A year or so back I got some great help from Les Newall and he gave me some modifications for the OnPenDown to make my torch touch off before each cut. That was very helpful.
WyoGreen

Re: Post processor for Everlast 80i

Post by WyoGreen »

There is a very long list of Post Processors for Sheetcam, although they are oriented towards the machine rather than the cutter. Did you look under Options/Machine/Post Processor and then expand the Post Processor list to see all the different post processors?

Now there is a Tool Table that is oriented toward the plasma cutter, which you can build, or if you have a CandCNC controller, it comes with the software (at least for Hypertherm plasma cutters). That is what you probably saw on the YouTube video.

Steve