Sorrt Les rotary question

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
hsolve

Sorrt Les rotary question

Post by hsolve »

Good afternoon Les. Have asked something like this several years age, but only now am in the process of starting the build. Quite a few years ago got a servo system from Tom USA with the forth axis included. Now stupid question, the rotary can do shs (square hollow section ) rhs, and round, what the question is, is there any problem doing angle? Be it equal or unequal angle. Finally what will I require to drive the rotary software wise. Sorry for rehashing old questions. Thanks in advance
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Sorrt Les rotary question

Post by Les Newell »

That's not a problem. Tell SheetCam you are using RHS and just don't cut on the two other faces. You need to make sure the angle is mounted so the axis of rotation is in the center of the hypothetical RHS.
As for software you just need SheetCam with the rotary plugin. Presumably the kit you got from Tom already came with either Mach3 or LinuxCNC.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Thankyou for the reply Les. Just had a look and have the rotary Mach3 from Tom, had been so long that I couldn't remember, so all I have to do is get the rotary from your site? Is there a way to find out what I have purchased from you? Sorry for the questions, have been so busy lately, long hours, it would save me looking where these things may be!
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You already have a rotary license. I have emailed a copy to you.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Thankyou for that Les. Been a while and couldn't remember :mrgreen:
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning to all.
Again stupid question, have been playing with the rotary and all seems to be working as expected,however, my understanding is that I must either draw or get a 'opened up dxf drawing for this to work. The mod that I do work for do supply me with the dxf drawings for flat plate to cut. Now, I have asked for a 'flattened' out dxf of a piece of SHS (square hollow section). Now what they have done is draw it in solidworks 3d and used the flatten function to obviously flatten it out. What this has resulted in is solidworks assuming it is sheetmetal and put a seem in on one side. So there are two questions,
1)How can sheetcam remove that line so it doesn't cut one of the corners of the shs, and or
2)Is there a better way to do these dxf drawings without redrawing the complete item, say an automatic function or different software that does this.
Any enlitelment would be greatly appreciated, also please note unfortunately there will be more questions :cry: