Inside dimension is off

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
jacky elliott

Inside dimension is off

Post by jacky elliott »

I've been running my table for a few years now with this problem but haven't really cared to fix it til now. When cutting a part that has outside and inside profiles, the outside comes out with perfect dimensions. The inside however tends to have more of an offset than it should, causing all my inside cuts to be smaller than originally drawn. If I adjust the kerf to match it would affect my outside dimension. Is there anyway to adjust the inside offset without having to put them on another layer? I'd like to be able to apply an inside kerf and an outside kerf width to be able to fix this. Or is it possible to fix this in the post?
Redge

Re: Inside dimension is off

Post by Redge »

Im experimenting the same probleme, did you solve it? I found we can use the outside on a layer and the inside in another layer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegr2HY ... dex=2&t=1s

But its strange because in the video it say the hole will be bigger if we dont change it .. and what i have is a hole of 1.5 inch supposed to be 1.75 inch .. my kerf is .125 (flame cutting) but i have no idea if the kerf is right .. but the outside cut is in right dimension so .. ?