Path Rules "On Arcs"

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Path Rules "On Arcs"

Post by David_Lelen01 »

When using On Arcs Smaller Than in Path rules, i need to set a different feed rate for a varying radius of arcs. Basically slow down as the arc gets tighter. There is no option for "On arcs between" two values, it is only "On arcs smaller than". This produces a line in the code for each rule.

Do you have any suggestions on how to do this correctly or would you consider adding a "on arcs between" rule?
Attachments
PathRules.JPG
PathRules.JPG (72.62 KiB) Viewed 709 times
OutputCode.JPG
OutputCode.JPG (18.7 KiB) Viewed 709 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Path Rules "On Arcs"

Post by Les Newell »

That's a slightly unusual use case. Normally the snippet would do something like turn off THC. If you have multiple 'on arc' rules using the same snippet they are combined into one. The lowest feed rate would be the one that is used.

In your case you are trying to use a bunch of different snippets to tweak a pre-defined feed rate. The correct way to do this is to change the post processor to generate those VA14 calls when the feed rate changes. What post processor are you using? Have you modified the post?
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Hey Les,

That is what i figured it was going to take. Probably a series of if statements in the post. This is the post i am working on writing basically from scratch for our waterjet machine. It is a Waterjet Corporation Suprema Machine manufactured by a company in Modena, Italy. I should be able to handle that though. Thanks for the insight!
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Try something like this: In OnNewOperation:

Code: Select all

curFeed = feedRate
In OnSetFeed():

Code: Select all

post.ModalNumber(" VA14=VA1*", feedRate / curFeed, "0.##")
   post.Eol()