New options I missed...A variable setting for tourch lift

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Scott V

New options I missed...A variable setting for tourch lift

Post by Scott V »

Les,
Looks like you put some more options on plasma cutting.. I have the latest download now, and would like to access them (options).. How do you get to the variable torch height for piercing thicker metal? I am guessing it would be something like start the pierce at a certain height, and raise up to keep the nozzle clean, and then lower to cut height? Just looking at what you added on your Sheetcam update page.

Also I see you added cut small circles from the center of the hole.. I have not been on this site for a while, and missed any info on this stuff..

Thanks,
Scott
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Hi Scott,
I have the latest download now, and would like to access them (options).. How do you get to the variable torch height for piercing thicker metal? I am guessing it would be something like start the pierce at a certain height, and raise up to keep the nozzle clean, and then lower to cut height?
Did you see that in the feature request section? SheetCam doesn't currently have an options to do this.
Also I see you added cut small circles from the center of the hole.
Yes, that option is underneath the 'Lead in' and 'Lead out' boxes in the jet cutting operation.
I have not been on this site for a while, and missed any info on
The best place to look for added features is this stuff is on the downloads page. If you click on the 'Show recent changes' link it will show the change log.
Scott V

Post by Scott V »

http://www.sheetcam.com/featureDetails. ... &func=show

I just saw this, and was hoping for a torch retract to a a higher cut height after firing the arc.. Esab in it's parameters has a pierce start height and a higher setting for finishing the pierce, then down to cut height..

Thanks for the setting up the pierce of the center of the holes option.. Should be handy..

Scott