Question about Plugins

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
cvetan

Question about Plugins

Post by cvetan »

Hello,
i need to view the workspace(machine fit view ) on second monitor(projector) , because i am going to use Sheetcam for leather cut machine and i want to view on my machine the possiton of cuts , so my question is there any way to create a plugin (i can program on Visual Basics),or something like that . I think i can do it but i don't know from where to start .So if you can give me advice how to do it i will be very grateful.
Thanks in advance. (Sorry for poor English ).
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

It sounds like you want to mount a projector above your table to project the sheet cam screen onto your table to see where the cuts will be. Most computers now-days are set up to run more than one monitor, so you should be able to do this with out adding any plugin to Sheetcam. You may have to set up your computer to display the same image on both the computer monitor and the projector.

Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

OK, I had a play with this. I have attached a plugin for you.

Go to SheetCam's plugin directory, on 64 bit Windows it will usually be something like
C:\Program Files (x86)\SheetCam TNG\plugins
or this in 32 bit windows
C:\Program Files\SheetCam TNG\plugins

In that directory create a new directory called Projector. Drop the attached plugin in that directory. You will probably need administrator privilege to do this. Next time you run SheetCam you should have a new menu entry in the Plugins menu called Projector. If you click on it you should get a full screen image of your job on screen 0. If that is not the right screen edit the plugin and change the number in this line:

Code: Select all

local disp = wx.wxDisplay(0)
I had some trouble getting the scaling correct but this is as close as I can get. The problem is that I can only get a snapshot of the graphics window zoomed to fit the job. To work around this you will need to draw the outline of your table on an unused layer. The snapshot is scaled to fit your projector so for the best quality you need the graphics window to be as large as possible.
Attachments
Projector.lua
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
cvetan

Post by cvetan »

Thanks Les for fast reply , it looks good, but i need machine table view with parts inside and live view because i need to move my parts to exact position.
So only Table view or machine view will do it and then maybe a loop to do pic and delete it .Also work and with Fit to material because its same as machine and table size ( 1200x1200 mm). Is this possible ?
Thanks in Advance again.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I can only produce an image zoomed to the job extents. If you draw the outline of your table in a separate drawing and load that as another part it will be scaled correctly. You will still be able to move your cut part around the table as long as you don't move the table outline part. If you right-click on the table part in the parts list and lock it you won't be able to accidentally move it.

I can't do a live view. You would have to regenerate the preview after moving your part(s)
cvetan

Post by cvetan »

Ok , thank you very much . I will do it. :)