How to shut plasma off between moves

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
robinsworkshop@yahoo.c...

Post by robinsworkshop@yahoo.c... »

Hi I am very new to the sheetcam game and I would like to find out how to shut the plasma torch off in between moves when cutting a piece of material? Thanks in advance

__._,_.___
Posted by: robinsworkshop@yahoo.com

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Les Newell les.newell@...

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

You need to use a plasma post processor. If you use a milling/routing post you will get this problem. Go to Options->machine->post processor and select a aplasma post. For instance if you aue using Mach3, try the 'Mach3 plasma' post.

Les

On 02/12/2014 17:38, robinsworkshop@yahoo.com (robinsworkshop@yahoo.com) [sheetcam] wrote:

Hi I am very new to the sheetcam game and I would like to find out how to shut the plasma torch off in between moves when cutting a piece of material? Thanks in advance

__._,_.___
Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
robinsworkshop@yahoo.c...

Post by robinsworkshop@yahoo.c... »

Hi Les thanks I am using mach3 and sheetcam with a s z400 heiz with a hypertherm powermax 30 torch,I still only have the evaluation copy of sheetcam but I shall be purchasing the full version shortly

__._,_.___
Posted by: robinsworkshop@yahoo.com

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
PK

Post by PK »

If you are using a relay to trigger the arc, is it a latching relay? It would take another m3/m5 to unlatch the relay. Not sure about your plasma unit, but I have a manual setting on mine that allows the arc trigger to act the same way (press and release trigger to start arc and then press and release trigger another time to stop the arc).

If using a latching relay. I would get a non-latching relay.

HTH
Paul