Newbie to Sheet cam

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Mark

Newbie to Sheet cam

Post by Mark »

Ok, I'm new to this. I got my machine going today, but is does not seem to be calibrated correctly. I laid out a 60" x 120" sheet on my plasma table, pulled up my part in mach 3, told it to cut, it is at least 6" from where it should be. I put my torch at the lower left corner, zeroed everything, told it to cut, and it is off about 6" from where it should be. SO? my question is: is that something I can fix? and is it in Sheet cam or Mach 3?
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

Is your part at 0,0 in Sheetcam? Quite often when I load a dxf file into Sheetcam, it is nowhere close to 0,0. You can easily move the part around in Sheetcam by using the nesting button. I draw my parts in Coreldraw, and if I forget to put it at 0,0 there, then that causes it to not be at 0,0 in Sheetcam.

If that's not the problem, you might look at your machine and job options to see where you have you origin set to.

Hope this helps some, Steve
PK

Post by PK »

As far as SheetCam importing, there is an option to use drawing origins or use SheetCam's grid option to place the complete drawing entities.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (17.43 KiB) Viewed 1438 times