Path rules question

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
steve@adnaironworks.co...

Path rules question

Post by steve@adnaironworks.co... »

Hi Les, for flame cutting is there a way with the near pierce rule option to raise the Z and slow down the feed to work through a slag pile? I have tried adding a code snippet in the start code box but it puts the Z movement in before the programmed code Z move, in other words it shows in the code but the programmed depth is after it and it goes to that cut height, ignoring the higher setting.
I can get it to slow down the set distance from the pierce but not to raise up, is it possible?

I hope I haven't made that too confusing!

Thanks again, Steve

__._,_.___
Posted by: steve@adnaironworks.com

Visit Your Group

Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) • Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Marius Liebenberg mari...

Path rules question

Post by Marius Liebenberg mari... »

Hi Steve
If the Z move is n a line by itself and does not incorporate the next X and Y moves, it will happen that the Z lifts first and then continue with the rest of the cut. What must happen is the trajectory of the move form where the snippet begins to where it ends must be a X, Y and Z move. Because plasma is in essence only a two axis movement, it might be a bit of a challenge and Les will have to advise.

Regards

Marius
http://www.cnccontrol.co.za

http://www.mastercut.co.za

On Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:47 AM, "steve@adnaironworks.com [sheetcam]" <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Les, for flame cutting is there a way with the near pierce rule option to raise the Z and slow down the feed to work through a slag pile? I have tried adding a code snippet in the start code box but it puts the Z movement in before the programmed code Z move, in other words it shows in the code but the programmed depth is after it and it goes to that cut height, ignoring the higher setting.
I can get it to slow down the set distance from the pierce but not to raise up, is it possible?

Thanks again, Steve

__._,_.___
Posted by: Marius Liebenberg <marius.liebenberg@yahoo.com>

Visit Your Group

Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Les Newell les.newell@...

Path rules question

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

I hadn't even thought about raising the Z. I'll take a look and see what I can do.

Les

On 01/11/14 04:47, steve@adnaironworks.com (steve@adnaironworks.com) [sheetcam] wrote:

Thanks again, S teve

__._,_.___
Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Visit Your Group

Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___