Layers , I am doing it wrong !!!

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
oldtime

Layers , I am doing it wrong !!!

Post by oldtime »

Hi all I have a drawing from Auto cad . The layers are in Colours . when I export it into sheet cam it Deletes all overlapping lines . so my layers don't work as the lines are deleted. I tried toexport it into Master cam It works a treat . there is about 5 layers in this drawing . Also the colours don't come up in the Layers of sheet cam . any ideas where to start . thanks Mark
oldtime

Post by oldtime »

Well I have given up ! :? I went to master cam which I hate I have had so much success with Sheet Cam for those simple jobs . I gave up changing the drawing . I loaded the last stable version .I wish I could go back to the previous version . I must be doing something wrong . But cant get a reply here . sheet cam support may be busy . Thanks to all . Mark sunny Australia
Wolfes Metal Fab

Post by Wolfes Metal Fab »

I think you can modify or uncheck the delete overlapping lines. I make a habit of naming my layers differently instead of using colors.
leighclinton

Post by leighclinton »

It is said that you don't have to give up when problem arises because in every problem, there is a solution.

Post by Wolfes Metal Fab »

leighclinton wrote:It is said that you don't have to give up when problem arises because in every problem, there is a solution.
Yes i agree, this goes for little problems and projects as well as the big ones that seem impossible. Usually, passion, determination, willingness to learn and ambition will get you there. And once you are, a sigh of relief and a big smile on the face quietly says "job well done".

The tougher it is, the bigger the reward.

I had a good day today if you couldn't tell :D

Brian