A couple of questions....

Posts redirected from the Yahoo mailing list
Brian L

Post by Brian L »

Hi Les,

I was helping out a friend last night, using a meeting type software called Teamviewer, so I could see his screen and walk him thru CAD and CAM…. WE drew up a part in Alibre, then he had downloaded Sheetcam trial version at my suggestion and when we went to use it I couldn’t find a bunch of things….

OK, downloaded trial version is 6.2.0, which I don’t even see on your website, it’s showing 6.0.11 for stable, and 6.1.7 for development.

First issue we ran into was I couldn’t find the simulator function to run the part….

Posted the code and it didn’t show up in an editor window, it saved the code file, but I couldn’t see it in SC like I usually do with my versions.

He was using the post for Flashcut, and he gets no comments in the code, like (T01, 1/4” Centerdrill, Layer 1) type of thing.

I didn’t have time to examine every option on the software, especially as my friend had control of his computer and it was taking a bit to talk him thru it…. but I’m puzzled as to what happened.
Brian Lamb
blamb11@cox.net (blamb11@cox.net)
www.lambtoolworks.com

__._,_.___
Posted by: Brian Lamb <blamb11@cox.net>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Les Newell les.newell@...

Post by Les Newell les.newell@... »

Hi Brian,

Your friend has installed a copy of the original SheetCam. The download has a big red warning that it is out of date and only for old users but still a surprising number of people download it by accident. He needs to install a version of TNG.

Les

On 30/07/2014 15:53, Brian Lamb blamb11@cox.net (blamb11@cox.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
Hi Les,

I was helping out a friend last night, using a meeting type software called Teamviewer, so I could see his screen and walk him thru CAD and CAM…. WE drew up a part in Alibre, then he had downloaded Sheetcam trial version at my suggestion and when we went to use it I couldn’t find a bunch of things….

OK, downloaded trial version is 6.2.0, which I don’t even see on your website, it’s showing 6.0.11 for stable, and 6.1.7 for development.

First issue we ran into was I couldn’t find the simulator function to run the part….

Posted the code and it didn’t show up in an editor window, it saved the code file, but I couldn’t see it in SC like I usually do with my versions.

He was using the post for Flashcut, and he gets no comments in the code, like (T01, 1/4” Centerdrill, Layer 1) type of thing.

I didn’t have time to examine every option on the software, especially as my friend had control of his computer and it was taking a bit to talk him thru it…. but I’m puzzled as to what happened.
Brian Lamb
www.lambtoolworks.com

__._,_.___
Posted by: Les Newell <les.newell@fastmail.co.uk>

Visit Your Group
Unsubscribe ([email]sheetcam-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe[/email]) &bull; Terms of Use

__,_._,___
Brian L

Post by Brian L »

LOL! OK, I will let him know…. it had me going for a while there…. nothing looked the same.
Brian Lamb
www.lambtoolworks.com

On Jul 30, 2014, at 8:10 AM, Les Newell les.newell@fastmail.co.uk (les.newell@fastmail.co.uk) [sheetcam] <sheetcam@yahoogroups.com (sheetcam@yahoogroups.com)> wrote:
Hi Brian,Your friend has installed a copy of the original SheetCam. The download has a big red warning that it is out of date and only for old users but still a surprising number of people download it by accident. He needs to install a version of TNG.LesOn 30/07/2014 15:53, Brian Lamb blamb11@cox.net (blamb11@cox.net) [sheetcam] wrote:
Hi Les,

I didn’t have time to examine every option on the software, especially as my friend had control of his computer and it was taking a bit to talk him thru it…. but I’m puzzled as to what happened.Brian Lamb
www.lambtoolworks.com

__._,_.___
Posted by: Brian Lamb <blamb11@cox.net>

Visit Your Group

__,_._,___