Scanything evaluation period?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
n0tzl

Scanything evaluation period?

Post by n0tzl »

Have been playing with Scanything and love it so far but it won't let me save the file so I can see if the output matches how well it appears to follow an edge, it says the evaluation time has expired. I just downloaded the program Friday and installed it yesterday when my USB microscope arrived, do I need to enter something into the serial number box?

It took several tries to get it to calibrate the camera (Celestron model 44302-A) but once I figured out the adjustments it was following the edges of some simple parts very well, looks very promising.

Thanks, Dan
IllinoisWilliam

Post by IllinoisWilliam »

I am getting the same message Evaluation time expired download the latest version or purchase a license. I don't recall anything about purchasing a license for scanything when downloading it. I have a licensed sheetcam. Please help us
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry about that. I have just uploaded an update which gives you another month. If your version doesn't auto update, download and install the latest version from teh sheetcam website.
IllinoisWilliam

Post by IllinoisWilliam »

Thanks Les it works now and lets me save. About it should work for a month, then what? How or what do I need to do to keep this working. I have a license copy of sheetcam what else is needed.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Oops, I thought I replied to this. Scanything is a separate product from SheetCam. You can purchase a Scanything from the SheetCam website http://www.sheetcam.com/Register/purchase.
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

Evidently this is still a problem. I downloaded Scanything on the 13th, got my camera on the 17th, and Scanything reports the demo period has expired. I never got to even try to save a file to see how it looks. I emailed the sales at Sheetcam last Friday about an evaluation license, but so far have received no reply.

Steve
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I thought I sent you a license key. This key will last about 30 days from now. Go to Help->about and enter this key in the box provided:
EDIT: I removed license code because it has expired.
Last edited by Les Newell on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mneher

Scanything error message

Post by mneher »

I am having the same problem. I purchased a licensed copy of scanything and am receiving the following error message:
Evaluation time expired. Download the latest version or purchase a license.

I have downloaded the latest version of scanything, but still receiving the error message.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I just had a look through my records and I can't find your name on a Scanything license. All I can find is a SheetCam license in your name. Was your Scanything license made out to a different name?
mneher

Post by mneher »

Les Newell wrote:I just had a look through my records and I can't find your name on a Scanything license. All I can find is a SheetCam license in your name. Was your Scanything license made out to a different name?
If it isn't under my name, it might be under my wife's name, Paula Neher.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I checked and there is a SheetCam license under her name as well but no Scanything license. Did she accidentally order SheetCam instead of Scanything?