help!! set up scribe now torch isnt working right

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
jordf

help!! set up scribe now torch isnt working right

Post by jordf »

Hey I have a burntables brand machine with sheet cam and mach3

I have had the plasma table for about a year now. Got the plasma side figured out pretty good. decided to get my engraver/scribe that came with the table working now, followed burntables instructions on calibrating the scribe to the torch etc... I can get the machine to engrave but when I try to plasma cut anything... It drags the torch over to the first cut. lifts up a little bit,,, then lifts a little more and a little bit more,,, then comes down and starts to cut...
The torch height control isnt working as good either and theres also now a green line around the Z button on mach3 screen??

My main issue is why is it now dragging the torch over to the 1st cut, vs, before it would lift it up an inch then over to first cut and then do its thing...

so far I have tried to redo all the engraver setting as per manual,,,rebooted my machine, Ive contacted there tech support may times and they dont seem to know whats going on either. they suspected the z settings were off or the rapid clearance settings were changed but they were the same

Ive tried removing the engraver settings and try just setting up my plasma torch again and still drags,

If I load an previous tap. file that was made before I tried to get the scribe going, it cuts like it used to!!

thanks for any input into helping me fix this issue
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Sorry for the delay in rteplying. I missed your post.

Could you post a tap file that works and one that doesn't. Hopefully by comparing the files I can work out what is happening.
jordf

Post by jordf »

ok heres the tap file thats acting up. ill have to go home and find a file that works later today

thanks for your help
Attachments
heart for london.tap
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 149 times