Post processor contruction

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Striplar

Post processor contruction

Post by Striplar »

I'm struggling to modify the post processor output because I don't have any documentation as to what variables the post processor calling code exposes and uses. Some of the post processors provided can be scoured to see which variable have been used but it's hard work and should be unnecessary.
What would be useful would be a proper definition of what variables are used in the calling routines and a description of the various functions and how they affect those variables.
In short, some proper documentation would be useful. If that already exists, could someone point me to it please.
Thanks.
ArchieF

Post by ArchieF »

Hi Striplar,

did you try from the menu :

Options > Machine > Post processor and there click Post documentation ?

Richard
Striplar

Post by Striplar »

ArchieF wrote:Hi Striplar,

did you try from the menu :

Options > Machine > Post processor and there click Post documentation ?

Richard
Ah, no I didn't see that, I was looking in the Help section which doesn't mention anything, including where to find help. That's an obscure place to put it, why isn't it in the Help???
That's a very useful file and would have saved a lot of trial and error. It's a pity you can't search it in that form though.
The documentation says "You can see all of the available variables using the variable monitor (View->variable monitor) " but the editor doesn't seem to have that option. I presume that the editor has changed since that was written. Maybe you can point me to that?
ArchieF

Post by ArchieF »

Try setting a breakpoint as Les describes here :

http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic ... breakpoint
Striplar

Post by Striplar »

ArchieF wrote:Try setting a breakpoint as Les describes here :

http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic ... breakpoint
Thanks for that, I'll give it a try.