Unable to set contour method to "Outside Offset"

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
jeepsterjc

Unable to set contour method to "Outside Offset"

Post by jeepsterjc »

Not only have I had the "Unable to detect winding - please report this as a bug" message today, but Sheetcamtng in Linux 4.1.11 won't go to an outside contour path. For some of the exterior edges of the cut job. It looks like it only goes to "No Offset". I really need to get the outside contour working... and yes- this is the same file that throws the "Unable to detect winding - please report this as a bug" error.

Hmmm. ?? Thanks, Jim
jeepsterjc

Post by jeepsterjc »

also, I can't move or re-locate my start point on the same cut edges that I'm having offset troubles with... Maybe this is a related problem but I can't make it work. Help! :-)
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

'unable to detact winding' means SheetCam is unable to work out if an outline is clockwise or counter clockwise. From the other symptoms you describe I think you probably have several copies of the outline on top of each other. Do you have 'remove duplicate lines' turned off in Options->application options->drawing import?

Turn on View->show path ends and turn off View->show segment ends. You will probably see a bunch of white dots on your drawing. Thse white dots are highlighting problem areas. Go back to your drawing and look in those areas for overlapping lines or lines that don't join up correctly.
jeepsterjc

Post by jeepsterjc »

Thank you Les. I had some terrible geometry in my drawing.

I did have have 'remove duplicate lines' turned ON in Options->application options->drawing import but your suggestion to "Turn on View->show path ends and turn off View->show segment ends." was really helpful.

Thanks again!

PS - do you have anything new coming down the pipe for Linux? :-)