Having problems with soft corner cuts!!

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
TIG

Having problems with soft corner cuts!!

Post by TIG »

I use AutoCAD LT 2012 and save all drawings in the 2010 DXF format before exporting to Sheetcam. Lately, however, I have been having problems on soft, outside corner cuts. Most of my corners call out for zero radius, and this appears to be correct in both AutoCAD and Sheetcam. But at the end of the program, several parts I pull off my plasma table have somehow picked up 3/8" radius(or better) outside corners. Could this problem lie somewhere in the CAD drawing I create? Or is there an issue within the G-code/ post processor that I am just not seeing?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

If it looks correct in SheetCam the code should be right. Are you using a faster feed rate? It could be that the machine is rounding the corners due to problems with acceleration. Try using corner loops. They help a lot to maintain sharp corners.
TIG

Post by TIG »

I am using the recommended feed rate for 10 gauge steel(250 ipm). How do I add corner loops to those areas which Sheetcam does not automatically generate? I currently have corner loops set, but from what I can see the areas I am having problems with do not include a corner loop in the programming.
tripleblack

Post by tripleblack »

do you have plasma mode selected in mach configuration? what about the cv angle value? i fing that cv of 90 degrees and cv of .01 works well for me
and that is at 240 ipm.