sheetcam turning rapids into toolpath.

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
sr20s14zenki

sheetcam turning rapids into toolpath.

Post by sr20s14zenki »

Hey guys, just have a question and maybe somebody can shed some light on this, i hope its simple.

So, i am using the mach plasma post processor on this, to run on our plasma table. This problem only seems to occur on certain drawings. I first make a part in autocad, and save to dxf, in this case its a gussett. I then import it into sheetcam, and it imports fine, but i want more than one. So, i use the duplicate command, and it makes another. The problem is, what should be the rapid to the next piece, is showing up as a toolpath. When i run the simulation, its actually going to cut that (plasma stays on). Is there a setting i'm missing?

Thank you all in advance, hopefully somebody can help me with this. I love the software, its just this little annoyance.

Evan.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

It sounds like it is chaining the cuts together. The idea behind chaining is that it is often more efficient to just cut between parts rather than stopping and making another pierce.

To disable chaining open the plasma cut operation for each part and make sure you have the max chain length set to 0.
sr20s14zenki

Post by sr20s14zenki »

Les Newell wrote:It sounds like it is chaining the cuts together. The idea behind chaining is that it is often more efficient to just cut between parts rather than stopping and making another pierce.

To disable chaining open the plasma cut operation for each part and make sure you have the max chain length set to 0.
THANK YOU!!!. That worked like a charm. You have no idea how much this was wrecking my brain.

god i love this program.

Evan.