Computer freezes when adding tabs to a job

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Neil Davie

Post by Neil Davie »

I am New to Sheetcam TNG. I managed to create my first job and cut it over the past weekend (Impressed with ease of use). I wanted to adjust some of the pockets sizes which I did in my CAD Package. Imported into Sheetcam as before and added a Drill Layer. All toolpaths fine until I started to add tabs. The computer freezes and has to be reset (Reset Button) to regain control of the computer(1). I Have tried this with nothing running in the background in case it is a conflict with one of the other open programs - same result. I have uninstalled the sheetcam package and reinstalled 2.0.5 reloaded Licence aswell.

Have Checked for newer graphics driver and installed - same result.

I Tried installing the sheetcam package on an older computer(2). I CAN edit tabs on the older computer although when I run the post processor (Mach 3), the tabs are not created in the toolpaths.

When I Copy the job back to the original computer(1), provided I dont try edit tabs, toolpaths generate but also without tabs in the toolpaths.

I am sure it is merely a simple setting that I have wrong but I cannot seem to figure out what it is. Any Help will be greatly appreciated.

Computers 1

XP Pro (Service Pack 3)
2 Gig Ram
160 Gig HDisk
2.66 Ghz Dual Core Processor (Intel Pentium...)
ATI Radeon Express 200 Graphics

Computer 2 (Older Computer)

XP Pro (Service Pack 3)
1 Gig Ram
120 Gig HDisk
1.8Ghz Processor (AMD Athlone 2200+)
Radeon 9000 Graphics

Original Job cut at 4mm per pass tab Size 1.5 x 5mm New Job saved under same name, Same size tabs although 4.18mm per pass (is the tab size related to the cut size per pass?)

-------------------- m2f --------------------

Reply to this post simply by hitting reply in your email client or you can read this topic online here:
http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic ... 0829#10829

Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I can't think of anything that would cause a crash. Can you send me a copy of the job file or upload it to the forum.

Reply to this post simply by hitting reply in your email client or you can read this topic online here:
http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic ... 0830#10830

Neil Davie

Post by Neil Davie »

When Adding the Drill routine this was done to Secure the board to the table. The Depth of the material had to be changed in order to Drill to the desired depth. This is When the Computer started freezing etc.

I have subsequently removed the Drill Routine and Reset the material Thickness to the original and now All seems to be working correctly again. I Run the Drilling routine as a seperate job and Run the Processes seperately. All Seems to be working correctly again

Thanks for the help

Neil

http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic ... 0832#10832