Got my Vista to work with TNG, here\'s how I did it.

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Deese

Got my Vista to work with TNG, here\'s how I did it.

Post by Deese »

Downloaded TNG and it would not display material and or machine,and the buttons would not work either.It would load a drawing but you couldnt see it. I emailed support and Les thought it was an open GL displat driver problem which is what the problem was.After some research about open GL drivers.This is what I found windows update,and update device driver controls in the control panel wont help they say the driver is up to date.I suppose microsoft doesnt care about open GL.So I went to intel the manufacturer of my integrated video chip,I tried the update utility on the INTEL site and it didnt help me either because I have a sony laptop and the scan it did just said I had to get the drivers from sony.So I went to sony and the only driver they have is the orignal shipped with the machine,no help there either.So I went back to INTEL and this time I didnt use the utility to search my computer I searched manually for open GL drivers for my chipset a 945gm.This gave me a list to choose from,I made some mistakes here also that I will outline.I chose my system 32 bit vista home premium,and downloaded the driver but I downloaded the .exe file and when I ran it windows did the same as before and said the driver was not updated because it was up to date already.So back to Intel and read the README file closely which you can open from the webpage before you even download the driver.What you have to do is install the driver manually,Instead of downloading the .exe file if you scroll down the webpage you can download the driver .zip file and follow the readme instructions to swap the driver out.After I installed and rebooted three intel files pop up on the firewall popup or what ever that thing is asking me to run them which I did. Started TNG and it worked like a champ,imported a drawing,set up machine,table envelope,plasma cutter,changed every color to suit myself,ran the simulator and everything. Now one concern, last night windows updated,and this morning those three intel files were waiting on me to run them again when I came to the computer.I ran them again,and started TNG and it works just fine still. I am not a guru and dont know what the three files are,windows update may have replaced my new driver I'm not sure I will have to check into that,if it did I will probably just turn off automatic updates. If this information is obvious to you I apologize,I am not a computer wizard. :D

-------------------- m2f --------------------

Reply to this post simply by hitting reply in your email client or you can read this topic online here:
http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic ... 0821#10821

-------------------- m2f --------------------