Post processor for Deckel FPxNC mill with Dialog (4)?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
torleifj

Post by torleifj »

Does anyone happen to have a post processor for a Deckel mill with Dialog controller?

/Torleif.

-------------------- m2f --------------------

Reply to this post simply by hitting reply in your email client or you can read this topic online here:
http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?p=8537#8537

torleifj

Post by torleifj »

Does anyone happen to have a post processor for a Deckel mill with Dialog controller?

/Torleif.
LesNewell

Post by LesNewell »

Can you supply a sample of code? I can probably match it to one of the existing posts.
LesNewell

Post by LesNewell »

Can you supply a sample of code? I can probably match it to one of the existing posts.

Reply to this post simply by hitting reply in your email client or you can read this topic online here:
http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?p=8538#8538

torleifj

Post by torleifj »

Thanks Les.

The mill is completely new to me, so I'll have to see what I can find. And I'll do some tests when time permits.

As I understand it, the file needs a certain header and footer to be accepted by the controller. I had hoped that somebody had done this already, so that I would get the file correct from the beginning.

I'll be back.
torleifj

Post by torleifj »

Thanks Les.

The mill is completely new to me, so I'll have to see what I can find. And I'll do some tests when time permits.

As I understand it, the file needs a certain header and footer to be accepted by the controller. I had hoped that somebody had done this already, so that I would get the file correct from the beginning.

I'll be back.

http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?p=8539#8539

torleifj

Post by torleifj »

I'm now working on a post processor for the Dialog 4. I have a few questions:

1. How do I insert a line without getting a line number?
2. Can I insert the tool table as part of the program?
3. Is it possible to represent numbers with either a + or a - ? (rather than nothing and minus).

/Torleif.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

1) This can get a little complicated. The easy way is to get rid of all line numbers. To do that, simply delete function newline(). If you want line numbers, have a look at the Gerber Sabre post to get an idea how to do it.

2) I'm afraid you can't insert the tool table. The tool details are only available when they are selected.

3) Yes, add a + to the format string. For example "+0.###"
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

1) This can get a little complicated. The easy way is to get rid of all line numbers. To do that, simply delete function newline(). If you want line numbers, have a look at the Gerber Sabre post to get an idea how to do it.

2) I'm afraid you can't insert the tool table. The tool details are only available when they are selected.

3) Yes, add a + to the format string. For example "+0.###"

http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?p=8559#8559

torleifj

Post by torleifj »

Thanks Les.

I have split newline() in newline() and linenumber(). Works fine.

I'll either let sheetcam do the tool length compensation then, or append the code to a fixed tool table.
torleifj

Post by torleifj »

Thanks Les.

I have split newline() in newline() and linenumber(). Works fine.

I'll either let sheetcam do the tool length compensation then, or append the code to a fixed tool table.

http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?p=8560#8560

torleifj

Post by torleifj »

Hmm. Why is this:

For simplicity, I have generated the below using the unmodified non modal post. I have based my Deckel Dialog post on the non modal, so it does the same. As can bee seen, the first move after a tool change is modal. The Deckel will not accept modal G0's so I'm stuck.

Am I missing something?

N0000 G21

N0010 M6 T5

N0020 M03

N0030 G00 Z4.0000

N0040 G00 X48.5000 Y25.0000 Z4.0000

N0050 G00 X48.5000 Y25.0000 Z0.5000
torleifj

Post by torleifj »

Hmm. Why is this:

For simplicity, I have generated the below using the unmodified non modal post. I have based my Deckel Dialog post on the non modal, so it does the same. As can bee seen, the first move after a tool change is modal. The Deckel will not accept modal G0's so I'm stuck.

Am I missing something?

N0000 G21

N0010 M6 T5

N0020 M03

N0030 G00 Z4.0000

N0040 G00 X48.5000 Y25.0000 Z4.0000

N0050 G00 X48.5000 Y25.0000 Z0.5000

http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?p=8561#8561

Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You have hit an interesting quirk in the posts. The very first move is always Z only. In most cases this is correct as the post has no way of knowing where the machine is so it needs to get Z to a safe height first. This is done by making the first endx and endy variables unfeasibly large. The number functions know they should ignore these values.

In your case it causes a problem. Try adding this line to the beginning of function rapid():
if (endx > 100000) then return end
I think that is correct. If it doesn't work, try using -100000 instead.
This will completely ignore the first Z safety move.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You have hit an interesting quirk in the posts. The very first move is always Z only. In most cases this is correct as the post has no way of knowing where the machine is so it needs to get Z to a safe height first. This is done by making the first endx and endy variables unfeasibly large. The number functions know they should ignore these values.

In your case it causes a problem. Try adding this line to the beginning of function rapid():
if (endx > 100000) then return end
I think that is correct. If it doesn't work, try using -100000 instead.
This will completely ignore the first Z safety move.

http://www.forum.sheetcam.com/viewtopic.php?p=8562#8562