"No Tools Available"....?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
bwaggoner4052

"No Tools Available"....?

Post by bwaggoner4052 »

I have a paid for license for SheetCam as well as the plugin for Laser and Drag Knife. However, upon updating my license from demo to paid for I am no longer able to select a tool when creating a new operation. I can see the tools on the left...I just have no option to select them in the New Operation dialog box. Is there something I am missing here...?
Attachments
SheetCam2.png
SheetCam2.png (20.07 KiB) Viewed 121 times
SheetCam1.png
SheetCam1.png (48.7 KiB) Viewed 121 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: "No Tools Available"....?

Post by Les Newell »

You have SheetCam configured for both milling/routing and plasma cutting. It is showing 'no tools available' because you are trying to do a milling/routing operation but have no milling tools defined. You need to use a jet cutting operation for plasma. Are you just plasma cutting? If so go to Options->machine and turn off 'rotary cutting' That way you won't be able to accidentally select the wrong operation type.
bwaggoner4052

Post by bwaggoner4052 »

I am doing neither a plasma nor routing operation. This pattern is to be cut with either the drag knife or laser. My configuration is no different than what I had in demo mode nor from the licensed version we use at my place of business. I was able to select any tool I wanted from the left when creating an operation until I updated my license and added the licenses for the two plugins I purchased.
bwaggoner4052

Post by bwaggoner4052 »

Also, once I added the Laser and Knife plugin I seen those tools as options on the left but could not select them as I mentioned when creating an operation. I uninstalled, reinstalled, added the appropriate plugins but now have NO tools aside from the ones I just created..... I been using SheetCam frequently enough to know something is not right here...
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

If you want to cut with a drag knife you need to first create a drag knife tool. The tool syou have defined are plasma tools, which cannot be used by the drag knife operation.

The image you showed was of a milling/routing operation. Again if you are milling/routing you need to define a rotary tool.

For laser you use the jet cutting operations just like plasma.