Application Colors

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
happydane

Application Colors

Post by happydane »

Moved program to another PC.
Colors now don't match the application settings.
Cutline show black except for the arrows, inside and outside colors also don't match.
I tried everything I could possibly think of
reinstalling the program, reinstalling the graphics drivers, changing windows color themes, changing the program colors
Have anyone ever had that happen.
Screenshot 2023-11-16 130615.jpg
Screenshot 2023-11-16 130615.jpg (23.96 KiB) Viewed 46667 times
djhoosier

Re: Application Colors

Post by djhoosier »

Yep, I am currently. Bought a new HP to replace a tired Dell, loaded Steetcam and now I'm getting all kinds of weird colors. Nothing matches correctly.
Same black cut lines. Can change the color in the Application Options tab, but doesn't change on the screen.
Intel OS to AMD OS/graphics.
Windows 10 to 11.
Per suggestion, updated the drivers and changed from the development to standard version.
Frustrated
What OS are you using? Happen to be Windows 11...maybe an AMD processor/graphics?
Screenshot (7).png
Screenshot (7).png (483.9 KiB) Viewed 32676 times
happydane

Post by happydane »

Using Windows 11 and an AMD graphics card
Have been in contact with AMD but they push it onto the manufacture.
All the manufactures suggested fixes don't work. (uninstall, re install, update drivers, re install windows, re install sheetcam, "running standard version")
What I have figured out to do is to completely un-install (with a uninstall tool) the drivers for the graphics card, then run it on Microsoft Basic Display Adapter that will fix the problem, Not the best for other stuff but if you are more concerned that sheet Cam runs the graphics then go for it, also if you run AutoCAD on same machine you need to change the graphics setting to older versions in Auto Cad or AutoCAD will show some very weird lines.
just make sure that the resolution you plan on using is on that setting, it may take a few times to make it stick.

Happydane
djhoosier

Post by djhoosier »

Thanks for the insight.
Reached out to AMD direct and they suggested resetting the motherboard BIOS to "default settings", then performing a clean boot with Windows and lastly reinstalling a clean installation of the AMD drivers.

Redid the drivers and believe the BIOS settings were reset, but have yet to try the clean Windows boot. Not a computer expert.

This is a new computer, out of the box for a month. Sheetcam was the first program loaded with a fresh install.

Apparently Sheetcam doesn't work correctly for the AMD's...or there's only 2 of us in the world...
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Is this with AMD on-board graphics or with an AMD card? The issue must be only on specific AMD setups or I would have more complaints of this issue.
Try enabling View->Show true width. Does that help?
happydane

Post by happydane »

AMD told me the same to do, don't change a thing.
I used a 1-year older pc with intergraded graphics before this one, the new pc also has intergraded graphics.
the older pc all is good, but if I update the driver for graphics is also makes colors weird.
So personally, I think it's an AMD driver issue.
But on that note if I recall back when I where spending hours on this, if I did enable the True width colors where good.

Happydane
djhoosier

Post by djhoosier »

Had time today, so thought I'd play the game and try their (AMD) steps at the guessing game. Ended up going through the "Clean Boot" process instructions forwarded from AMD, provided by Microsoft, and worked through all the steps to check if anything was messing with the program. No color change. Did the BIOS to default factory. No change. Did a clean install of the AMD graphics, using their cleanup utility and reloaded believe the correct drivers.

Have to agree, would believe it's AMD's drivers for maybe the latest Windows 11 release? Or Windows isn't playing nice with AMD. Idk. Beyond my scope of guessing.

Les - On-board (integrated) graphics.

Tried the true width and yes, that makes the colors correct. Will take some getting used to the fat lines, but can toggle back and forth if needing the fine lines for evaluation of cut lines. Thanks.