Scanything License

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
admin@weldyne.co.za

Scanything License

Post by admin@weldyne.co.za »

Hi.
We seem unable to properly calibrate Scanything but can run a trace on an object. However, after tracing it does not give you the option to save a file name but does ask if you want to save the file. However, on clicking yes the session stops and there is then no sign of the file.
I am thinking that this may be a license or key code issue. Can anybody help us out with this? Does the license need to be renewed on an anual basis? (I am quite happy to do that) or should we try and reinstall the software?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Scanything License

Post by Les Newell »

What happens when you try to calibrate?
admin@weldyne.co.za

Post by admin@weldyne.co.za »

Hi Les, Mike here. Thanks for coming back to me. It goes through all the correct moves except that on the last transverse movement it simply stops and does not come back to the central point. However I then tried to run a trace which seemed to work. When finished it then it asked me if I wanted to save the file - I clicked yes but it did not allow me an opportunity to save the file.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The saving issue could be a problem with your license. What does it say in Help->about?

For the calibration, make sure you have the display set to 'Mask' or 'Mixed'. Is the dot flickering or breaking up? If so, try experimenting with the brightness slider.