Erratic plasma cuts

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
pgilley

Erratic plasma cuts

Post by pgilley »

Recently started having problem with my plasma cuts. The cuts do not always follow the tap file outline. This just started and I am not really great with software. Not even sure it is a software problem. I will attempt to include a picture of the tap file that I loaded into Mach and a picture of the cut item. The main trouble seems to be cutting letters.
Attachments
RUTH WHITE.JPG
RUTH WHITE.JPG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 3534 times
RUTH WHITE DXF DRAWING.jpg
RUTH WHITE DXF DRAWING.jpg (128.86 KiB) Viewed 3534 times
pgilley

Re: Erratic plasma cuts

Post by pgilley »

Had hoped someone would have a suggestion as to this problem. Seems that no one has any ideas. Thanks !!!
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Looks like it's rounding the corners. Possibly a speed or acceleration setting.
OldHippie62

Post by OldHippie62 »

If you are running Mach3, look under Config/ Motor Tuning. Check and see if both your X and Y drives have the same numbers. the only other thing would
be bad bearing in one of your axis causing it to drag. Just had this problem with my Torchmate.Bad bearings in my X axis.
pgilley

Post by pgilley »

Checked the Motor Tuning and for some reason the X and Y numbers were off. Contacted Eagle Plasma Company and the owner gave me suggested speeds to set the motors on. Had to change the settings he gave me to lower numbers because it moved too fast. Experimented with the settings and it seems to be doing O.K. I am rather poor with computers so I appreciate any help or suggestions. Thank you.