Multiple operations from a single file possible?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
ROTM

Multiple operations from a single file possible?

Post by ROTM »

Good day.
Question I m trying to make a line test so I can test my cutting speeds for my plasma machine,
If I have a single file with multiple lines can I set different cutting speeds for different lines from a single file.
Or should I add the lines as new part each to set different parameters?

Another question...would a lead out in a circle improve quality?

Thank you!
djreiswig

Re: Multiple operations from a single file possible?

Post by djreiswig »

You can break up the drawing in sheetcam and then set a different operation for each line.
Not sure on the lead out. I don't use them. What quality issues are you having?
ROTM

Post by ROTM »

Good day.
How to break apart this drawing? I've right clicked on the name to break apart nested part...it seems a no go.
The drawing imported each line and circle has a different name set prior to importing...I thought it work as blender..adding each at different layer..lol.

Maybe I am missing something.

On the circle If I am not mistaken in a lincoln plasma video they cut a bit more to improve quality,,,but it seems no one else is doing this...hence the question.
Attachments
Capturelinetest.JPG
Capturelinetest.JPG (48.18 KiB) Viewed 8750 times
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

If each line is a different layer in your drawing, then in each operation select a different layer.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Turn on View->Layer tool. Does it show the different layers in your drawing? You should be able to set up a different operation for each layer. When you import your drawing a box pops up with a number of options. Do you have 'Use colours as layer names' turned on? if so, turn it off.

An arc lead out can help if your circle has a little bump at the end of the cut. If you have a divot at the end of the cut it may make the divot worse.
ROTM

Post by ROTM »

Got it...changed the colors of the items in cad and it came in with different layers.

Thanks!
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

On the circle If I am not mistaken in a lincoln plasma video they cut a bit more to improve quality,,,but it seems no one else is doing this...hence the question.
I tend to use overcut much more than lead out. For plasma, I almost always use an overcut of 0.1-0.2" for thicknesses less than 1/2" on all inside contours and outside that have a perpendicular or arc lead in. I use a tangent lead out with 0 overcut on outside contours that use the tangent lead in at sharp corners.

I very very rarely use a arc or perpendicular lead out as it tends to cause a divot or dimple in the part.