missing pierce delay times in posts

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
DnK Fabrication

missing pierce delay times in posts

Post by DnK Fabrication »

Hello, I have a langmuire pro table and utilize sheetcam. A few weeks ago i had to change computers due to laptop breaking. I installed what turned out to be newest version of sheetcam. I used it briefly but did not like the lack of dependability of it. I deleted that version. and installed the newest stable version. I installed the langmuire post processor. I used the program a few time with now issues. Today I went to generate code and was prompted that it was not licensed. I reloaded my license. When I generate posts my g code does not have the pierce delays in the g code. What should I do. My tools have pierce delays. attached is an example of the gcode with the problems. thanks.
dylan
Attachments
large gate chain keeper modified for norrow stock sfgjhetryjh.tap
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: missing pierce delay times in posts

Post by Les Newell »

Could you set up a job ready to post process then save it (File->save job). If you email me the job file or post it here I'll take a look and see what is going on.

What issues did you have with the latest development version?
DnK Fabrication

sorry, my internet was down for a few days. here is an example of a post that has .75 pierce delay but when looking at the g code it is missing. in regards to the newest version that i deleted, It would radomly not open fully and took longer to open than the stable version. Many times it would fail to load fully and generate a bug report but it never seemed to actually transmit the report. randomly I experienced cut height commands not actually coming through to the actual table. I would program a multitude of cut heights to optimize my kerf and many times a change in cut height in the software would not materialize in the output g code. I was spoiled to how rock solid your program is. so those intermittent failures were very glaring and i saw no reason to put up with it when you had such a perfect stable version and a few times when building a part from the internal library or manipulating multiple nesting the program would halt or simply close. that was several weeks ago and thats about all i remember. One other question. are there multiple splash start screens. sometimes the opening splash screen is a square tube being cut, other times it is a mill milling plastic. I thought that i have deleted the new version and reinstalled the old stable version. currently i am running 7.0.2 i believe.
Attachments
large gate chain keeper modified for norrow stock sfgjhetryjh.tap
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
DnK Fabrication

I just realized you want the job pre post, let me see about saving that.
Attachments
large gate chain keeper modified for norrow stock.job
(14.11 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out. In your tool definition you have the leadin type set to 'Wiggle'. For a wiggle pierce the pierce time is spend wiggling back and forth rather than stationary.
in regards to the newest version that i deleted, It would radomly not open fully and took longer to open than the stable version. Many times it would fail to load fully and generate a bug report but it never seemed to actually transmit the report.
That's odd. I have not had many reports of Dev randomly not starting. I compared dev and stable here and I couldn't tell the difference in start time.
Has anyone else here noticed these issues?
SheetCam does not automatically transmit debug reports. You need to manually email them.
randomly I experienced cut height commands not actually coming through to the actual table. I would program a multitude of cut heights to optimize my kerf and many times a change in cut height in the software would not materialize in the output g code.
I would really like to see a job file that demonstrates the issue. Again I haven't had any other reports of this issue.
a few times when building a part from the internal library or manipulating multiple nesting the program would halt or simply close.
There have been a few shape plugin crashing issues. They should all be fixed by now.
are there multiple splash start screens.
Yes. It randomly picks from a list of images. Do you have rotary cutting enabled? It should only show the platic milling image if you have milling/routing enabled.
DnK Fabrication

Thanks Les, I will fix that tool. I am running windows 10. I dont know if that would cause any issues in the new version or not. In regards to the cut height not passing thru to the table. The only way I determined that was to measure the the actual cut height. I know there are a lot of variables that have to line up for the plasma tables to work. I had pm'ed my z axis and it was operating smothly. when i would would take measurements of the actual cut height by pausing a cut midway through and measuring with feeler gauges more than a few times a programmed change in cut height was not being demonstrated on the table. When I switched back to old version I no longer noticed that issue. Thank you for your time, and i really appreciate your program. it is so much more user friendly than my other option for generating gcode on the langmuire table.