Uploading DXF and NC file issues

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Calderdetailing

Uploading DXF and NC file issues

Post by Calderdetailing »

Good evening all,
I'm a structural steel detailer andone of my customers has just invested in a techserv plasma cutter . He's having issues with the DXF and NC uploading. I watched him load the files onto sheetcam but when he checks them some of the drawings won't register when the program runs around the perimeter.
We tried doing one piece at a time. The single upload didn't register, the copy of it did, the second copy did too. Then we added a different profile, it liked that one but wouldn't register the copies.
Has anyone experienced this before.
Apologies for the lack of tech lingo I've only seen the cutter and it's software once.
Richard
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Uploading DXF and NC file issues

Post by Les Newell »

Are the outlines on different layers? OPen your cut operation and look at the 'Layer' dropdown. Does it allow you to select more than one layer? SheetCam treats layers independently so only the selected layer will be cut. You can set up multiple cut operations to cut the different layers.

Set up thje job as far as you can then save it (File->save job as). If you post it here or email it to me I'll take a look and see what is going on.