Splash Screen Freezes On Start Up

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
OldHippie62

Splash Screen Freezes On Start Up

Post by OldHippie62 »

When trying to launch SHeetCam this morning, the splash screen froze up. And when you hover the mouse over the task bar icon, you see a small dialog box that states that "the Turning plugin has expired and you have to install the newest version to continue using it." I'm not using a Turning plugin and its not listed in my plugin drop down. How do I get rid of this.And seeing I'm on here how do I permanently get rid of this "No Safe Z Move" feature.It's constantly just turning itself on at random times. To tell you the truth,I don't even know why this is even a feature. I don't know anyone how would want their torch head to move without moving to safe Z first.
bad feature.jpg
bad feature.jpg (161.47 KiB) Viewed 2552 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Splash Screen Freezes On Start Up

Post by Les Newell »

If you update to the latest version the turning plugin warning should go away.
'No move to safe Z' is useful on milling machines and routers with tool changers. It is also useful on plasma cutters that have the touch-off probe configured as a home switch. In that case it does not know the Z position until it does a touch off.

Do you use job files? It could be that you have a job file with this option enabled. SheetCam remembers your settings so loading a job file with the option selected will leave it selected.