Crossing cut rule

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SeanP

Crossing cut rule

Post by SeanP »

I was just seeing if the new rule 'when crossing a cut' would work for this job.

I'm trying to find a way of adding a notch where the bend lines are, it's messy drawing a small notch in the drawing and they tend to not show up well cutting at speed, so I thought I'll add a 3mm dia hole right on the line, cut those first and then do the outer cut.

I was hoping the new rule would turn off thc as it crosses the 3mm hole, doesn't look like it's going to work as dropping the feed rate on a rule would show blue.

Any other ideas what I could try to turn off thc as it crosses? I'll try it anyway maybe I might just get away with it with thc still on.
1.png
1.png (42.37 KiB) Viewed 26280 times
SeanP

Re: Crossing cut rule

Post by SeanP »

Ah not to worry, I'll just use action points, that should do it with not much bother.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That should have worked. Could you send me the job file.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Job file attached, many thanks
Barrier panel.job
(90.32 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I see the problem. The circles are on a different part. Currently the crosssing a cut rule does not work between parts. If you can put those circles onthe same part they should work. Just put them on a different layer.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Thanks for looking at that, I see now, was just looking for a easy way out without having to add them to the drawing.
I haven't tried it yet but I doubt if thc would dive going over the circle gap, if it does a action point should do the trick.