Cannot Nest Parts

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
bwmetalworks

Cannot Nest Parts

Post by bwmetalworks »

Was using sheetcam all day today with no issues and then towards the end of the day i was no longer able to click and drag parts anywhere, once imported they just stayed at X-Y zero. I was able to rotate the part using the , and . keys but still couldnt move it off its original axis
BGrin

Re: Cannot Nest Parts

Post by BGrin »

Interested in this reply. I posted on an older thread, but it seems this is an issue for others as well as noobs like myself. Rotating parts individually to better nest them in sheetcam.
bwmetalworks

Post by bwmetalworks »

I switch from sheetcam stable version to the development version and it fixed my issue. Not sure what the difference between the 2 is
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

I don't suppose you have locked the part have you? - parts list - lock symbol - unlocked
Another way to rotate parts is use mouse wheel & shift key, set grid options/angle to 5° I find best.
bwmetalworks

Post by bwmetalworks »

I did check that, the part is not locked. I can rotate the part just fine I just cant move it anywhere other than the spot it got imported at
bwmetalworks

Post by bwmetalworks »

Anybody else have similar problems?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

I just had a thought - in nesting mode right click and turn off 'snap to grid' if you have it turned on. If you have a very large grid size and snap to grid is on it will appear that you cannot move your parts.
bwmetalworks

Post by bwmetalworks »

I'm not sure if this issue still exists. I switch from TNG Stable to TNG Development & that solved my problem.