tool number

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
pgilley

tool number

Post by pgilley »

Leave it to me to have an off the wall problem. I do not have a tool list on my table/pc. When I use a dxf file on sheetcam it has always generated a tool numbered as tool 1. This has always worked fine but for no reason sheetcam is now generating a large tool number usually 6 digits. Anyone help me return sheetcam to previous setting ?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: tool number

Post by Les Newell »

When you say you are generating a tool, are you using the 'PlasmaTool' plugin or are you manually creating a tool? Either way you should be able to manually change the tool number back to 1.
pgilley

Post by pgilley »

Always before when I load a dxf file and click update operation a tool shows as T1. I have tried deleting the new/large number but when I load another dxf the large number returns. Can I reload Sheetcam and possibly correct the situation ? Sorry for being so poor with computers. Thank you for replying.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Set up a job using the large tool number then save it (go to File->save job to save it). If you post a copy of that file here or email it to me I'll take a look and see what is going on.
pgilley

Post by pgilley »

Sent email. Thank you for helping. For some reason I have had trouble with Sheetcam ever since I updated the last time.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Edit your tool by double clicking on it. Change the tool number to 1 and click OK. Now go to File->save default tool set.
Next time you start SheetCam the tool should still be number 1.
pgilley

Post by pgilley »

Thank you. That appears to have solved the tool number problem. Should the "Automatically Generate Name" message appear every time I open tools ? I remove the check mark each time. Again I apologize for being so poor with computer use.