continuous operation

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
djreiswig

Re: continuous operation

Post by djreiswig »

Les Newell wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:06 pm Edit your post. At around line 677 you shoudl see this:

Code: Select all

post.Text (" M00\n")
Change it to:

Code: Select all

post.Text (" M01\n")
Now in Mach you should have an optional stop button. If optional stop is on, it will pause. If optional stop is off it won't pause.
It doesn't appear that you have made this change. I still see M00 in the code. Have you also changed the warnings setting at the top of the post? That should get rid of the Paused to check settings message.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Thankyou for that djreswig for that. I have not made any changes to the post processor, so I will have a go and see what happens. I have the green button on the Mach3 screen, so with this change we should get what I want. Thankyou again
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Sorry gentelmen, I have read the posts again and have missed the earlier information put forward. Les if I change the post processor to as you have stated will the now new button that djreswig has given me function as he has stated. As if that is the case then my problems are solved. Editing the G code will thus only work for the file that has the modified G code. What I would like is a universal fix. Again sorry for my slow uptake, am I correct now
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Sorry gents even more, I am so confused that I don't know what I am doing now
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Edit the post as Les advised and the button should function.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning djerswig, if I change on this 'tap' post that line (M0 to M1), I understand that this will work on this 'tap' file only. So, if I want this to work on any other 'tap' file I would have to do the same. Is there any 'universal' way of incorporation this option in the say, post processor. I have a bigger job (7 sheets, of 6100mm by 1830mm) alloy to cut, with keep parts together. So the scribing does not mismatch the cut part due to movement with heat. I am cutting out a new boat project and had this problem with the alloy, moving due to thermal expansion. If we can keep 'parts together' as the alloy moves about the table during cutting there is much less error with the marking in relation with the cutting. I have done all the marking prior to the cutting previously and this is when this problem was noticed. This is not a major problem on small items, however on parts that are 6000mm long, this does become significant. Thankyou.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

hsolve wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:32 am I am cutting out a new boat project and had this problem with the alloy, moving due to thermal expansion. If we can keep 'parts together' as the alloy moves about the table during cutting
Have you tried finecuts? I find them a lot better on alum even up to 5mm, not tried thicker tho
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good evening SeanP. Last time I used 45amps settings and tips and the problem was there, this time I am going to use 65amp settings as the speed will be higher and the problem 'should' be lesser. Don't actually know till I try. Wont to be prepared better this time round
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

The instructions Les posted are for editing the post processor to get all future gcode files to have the m1 instead of m0. You won't need to edit future tap files after you change the post processor.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning djreiswig, again I apologise for taking up so much of your time and patience. I have looked up the code in the post processor with the 'search' and have changed it to 'M01', now also saved. I am out on site at the moment and won't have to opportunity to try this till I return, however still thankyou for your patience in this matter. I will let you know how this all goes.