continuous operation

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
hsolve

Re: continuous operation

Post by hsolve »

Thankyou djreiswig. I got the software in about March 2013 and as you say the STOP button stops everything. I am very curious to see how this will work.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Try this. Unzip to your Mach3 folder. In Mach3 go to View...Load Screens. Pick the DTHCIV-EtherCut-Tab2-Opt-Stop.set file. There should be a button and LED in the bottom left corner. If the LED is green then it should stop on M1, otherwise it should keep running. You can toggle the button while the code is running.
DTHCIV-EtherCut-Tab2-Opt-Stop.zip
(11.45 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Thankyou for that I will try in the next few day and report back :mrgreen:
OldHippie62

Post by OldHippie62 »

What I do is in Job Options/Nesting is set for minimize tool change. this allows all my marking to be done at one time, then I only have have to change my plaz back one time and finish cutting everything.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

I like to complete everything on one part before moving on to the next. Then if something goes awry, I can move some parts around to save material. If you engrave multiple parts, you can't adjust.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning djreiswig, I had a look at the file that you sent me and so far it did show up with the green box bottom left pf the screen, however the other 'buttons' screen segments didn't. I am assuming that, there is required another screen / macro or something that must be added. I had my computer guys look at it since they know better what to do and how to do it better than me at least. We will look at it this week and see if we can get all the bits to work together.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Not sure what it would be. It worked fine here. Are you saying all of the original buttons are gone? It might be that Mach can't find the images for the controls on your computer. You may have to edit the screenset on your computer. It's not too difficult. Just need to download the Mach screen editor from their site and open your existing screenset and add a button and led. If you want to try this I'll look later and see what I have the button and led set for.

You may just be able to open the new screenset in the editor and point it to where the images are on your computer. I remember this happening before.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good evening djreiswig. Got the profile /macro thing installed / loaded / going and it goes. Well the 'button' at bottom left shows up on the Mach 3 screen. Haven't tried it yet, maybe later this week or next, don't want to cut up material for practice. I will report back when I try it and let you know how it all goes. Thankyou again very much.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

You should be able to try it with your cutter turned off and see if it is skipping the pauses.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Good morning djreiswig. I have had a go yesterday to try this / new / your solution. Didn't work. Well I don't think so. I was assuming that if the 'box' is unchecked then the machine will not stop after a tool change (marking then cutting) and go to cut after it has finished marking. Now this is a one off item (one component with marking then to be cut). I don't know if it will make a difference when there are several parts nested to be cut. By the way I tried both ways, box checked and unchecked, no difference
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Is it stopping on an M1 command in the code?
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Didn't actually look if there is any M1 comands in the code. I am not actually doing a tool change as such. When the scriber finishes scribing, I then have to hit the 'run' button again for the machine to continue and do the cut. If I may me so dumb to ask, is that actually classed as a tool change, or is it just a process change and there is no way of avoiding this. I have had this method for a long time and have learnt to live with it. It would be just convenient if all is running well to just let it go do it's thing, without me standing there pressing one button!
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Didn't actually look if there is any M1 comands in the code. I am not actually doing a tool change as such. When the scriber finishes scribing, I then have to hit the 'run' button again for the machine to continue and do the cut. If I may me so dumb to ask, is that actually classed as a tool change, or is it just a process change and there is no way of avoiding this. I have had this method for a long time and have learnt to live with it. It would be just convenient if all is running well to just let it go do it's thing, without me standing there pressing one button!
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Post a sample gcode and I will have a look.
hsolve

Post by hsolve »

Well lets see if I can upload a file.
MET-0182B-w_centre_marks 65 amp nitrogen.tap
(8.65 KiB) Downloaded 64 times