Machine not starting to cut but moving normaly

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Pevny

Machine not starting to cut but moving normaly

Post by Pevny »

Hello, so i export .dxf file from CAD and import it to sheetcam witch makes gcode from it with no problem, but when i run the gcode on Mach3 the machine moves normaly but doesnt make the height control test and doesnt cut or let air throughout the nozzle. Im pretty new to this so it just might be just some dumb mistake but i dont see where it could have been made or where to fix it, thanks in advance
WyoGreen

Re: Machine not starting to cut but moving normaly

Post by WyoGreen »

So, what machine do you have. What control system, what post are you using, maybe post the first part of your gcode to see if the start and touch off commands are there.
Pevny

Post by Pevny »

I have cybertronics cnc plasma router 1st gen, the cutting agregate is pegas 121. The harware works, ive tried the cut command and it worked without a problem. the contol sistem is mach3 ran on a windows xp computer. Those are the files i tried, the firs one got the machine moving but not to cut, and the second (3) one just Stucked the Mach3, the gcode loded in but there wan no picture and the machine wouldnt start or do anything.
P15.9_3_2022.tap
doesnt cut
(20.16 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Attachments
P15(3).9_3_2022.tap
(22.59 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Try the 'Mach3 plasma' post. It won't control the touch-off but it's a good starting point. You will need to manually zero your torch to the top of the sheet.