Will it work?

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
Niksta

Will it work?

Post by Niksta »

Hi all,

I'm setting up my Plasma and CNC table at the moment but I'm struggling with the software.
The setup is a Baileigh PT22 table with Hypertherm 45xp. The software supplied with the table is Ucannest and its just horrible!
Would anyone know of Sheetcam would work with this setup please? I'm a noob (in case you can't tell) and so have a lot to learn but Sheetcam is much more user friendly than Ucannest.

Many thanks!
WyoGreen

Re: Will it work?

Post by WyoGreen »

Looking at the post-processor list in Sheetcam, I see 3 post-processors for Baileigh machines. So my guess is that it probably will. You can download and try Sheetcam before buying.
Niksta

Post by Niksta »

Fantastic! Thanks for that! I will have a play!
Niksta

Post by Niksta »

Ok, I had a play and I'm not any wiser....

What post processor do I need for the PT-22 please? The internet is spectacularly unhelpful again!

I'm finding that, as a noob, its very difficult to find information below a certain level, everything assumes you know all about everything and then goes from there. If UCANCAM wasn't so bloody awful then I would just stick with it but its useless.

I really appreciate any and all help with this, I know its all probably really easy but the last thing I want to do is destroy my equipment before I have even started.
Many thanks!
WyoGreen

Post by WyoGreen »

I had a quick read thru of the manual for your machine. It seems to say that there is a copy of Bob-CAD/Cam included with your table, and lists a post-processor that you download from Bob-Cad. CAD/CAM software combines the drawing and processing into one program.
SheetCAM is a processing program, where you would load a drawing from a CAD program, such as Inkscape (which is free). There are many programs out there, some free, some not. The selection of which depends on whether you are planing on doing mostly art type stuff, or mechanical type stuff.
It is hard to start out as the jargon is a bit confusing at first. One thing you could try is going to the Hypertherm web site. They have a learning series where they walk you thru all the jargon and settings that you need to master to get started.
https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/learn/

Steve