Offset adjustment?

Request and discuss new features
SeanP

Offset adjustment?

Post by SeanP »

Hi Les,

Keep wondering about this if it is possible at all?
Could be a useful feature.
Supposing when you select inside or the outside offset there was a entry box to make an adjustment to that by a certain amount.
ie: selecting inside offset with 1mm adjustment would make the hole 2mm smaller, same goes for outside offset on parts, I know you can do it by updating drawing, this would speed it up though.
Only a idea,

SC.png
SC.png (12.55 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Offset adjustment?

Post by Les Newell »

What do you want that for? If it is to compensate for the cut chamfer angle etc I generally just tweak the kerf width.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

You could add a post variable and then in the post add that value to the kerf width, or subtract it if the offset is outside. You would have to double it to get the correct offset.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Yes I sometimes tweak the kerf width but then the outside dimension changes.
I do sometimes just use the 'no offset' on a hole which can do the trick, just keep thinking something with a bit more adjustment might be useful.

Not sure what post variable is, sounds a bit complicated :lol:

I was just thinking it could be a quick easy dimension entry to tweak holes without needing to bring in new drawing, seems to happen a lot either wish I'd left a bit more clearance or customer drawing hasn't left enough clearance, only a idea