German Translation

This is the place for any plugins, posts or other useful tools you have created.
hans

Re: German Translation

Post by hans »

Hmm yes then we have to edit all other translations. I think that's not worth it.
Ok then the tool would have the name of the operation. The user would understand that though.
hans

Post by hans »

In the dialog 'New thread mill' the parameter 'Thread depth' - is this the maximum depth that the mill is able to mill?
(This parameter is not described in the manual)

And something about thread milling I wondered.
Why is the thread diameter determined by the tool and not by the drawing hole size?
I think thread milling is comparable to pocket operation where pocket size is determined by the drawing. The thread mill is capable of milling different thread sizes, so if I want to do that I have to define multiple tools for the same tool...
Last edited by hans on Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hans

Post by hans »

Les Newell wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:07 pm I can but the problem is that it would break all of the other translations. Is it possible for you to work around it?
Hmm but not really nice. if you add something or change the translations, please add that and let me know.

Edit: the same with 'drill'

In which context appears

'Cannot cut on the edge of a flange'

and

'Flange thickness' ?
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

hans wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:02 pm In the dialog 'New thread mill' the parameter 'Thread depth' - is this the maximum depth that the mill is able to mill?
It is the distance from the peak of the thread to the root of the thread. See https://slideplayer.com/slide/15209113/
Why is the thread diameter determined by the tool and not by the drawing hole size?
I think thread milling is comparable to pocket operation where pocket size is determined by the drawing. The thread mill is capable of milling different thread sizes, so if I want to do that I have to define multiple tools for the same tool...
The circle is the drill size. The outside diameter of the thread would be the hole size plus twice the thread depth.
The diameter in the tool definition is the diameter of the thread mill, not the diameter of the finished thread. This must be less than the drill size.
'Cannot cut on the edge of a flange'
This is used by the rotary plugin when cutting I beams. The flange of an I beam is the top or bottom.
hans

Post by hans »

Les Newell wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 pm
hans wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:02 pm In the dialog 'New thread mill' the parameter 'Thread depth' - is this the maximum depth that the mill is able to mill?
It is the distance from the peak of the thread to the root of the thread. See https://slideplayer.com/slide/15209113/
Is this the value called 17/24H resp. 5/8H or H ?
Maybe you could add an image like for the other values.
Les Newell wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 pm
hans wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:02 pm Why is the thread diameter determined by the tool and not by the drawing hole size?
The circle is the drill size. The outside diameter of the thread would be the hole size plus twice the thread depth.
The diameter in the tool definition is the diameter of the thread mill, not the diameter of the finished thread. This must be less than the drill size.
That what I expected. But actually it looks like this (all the same operation):
Screenshot_2021-01-22_16-38-20.png
Screenshot_2021-01-22_16-38-20.png (63.19 KiB) Viewed 27566 times
Les Newell wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:19 pm This is used by the rotary plugin when cutting I beams. The flange of an I beam is the top or bottom.
With the "Rotary pipe cutting" plugin?
hans

Post by hans »

Can you say weather this single 'an' appears on another positions in your code, or can I make the translation suitable only for this?
Screenshot_2021-01-22_16-17-21.png
Screenshot_2021-01-22_16-17-21.png (7.33 KiB) Viewed 27565 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

hans wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:42 pm Is this the value called 17/24H resp. 5/8H or H ?
it's 17/24H or 5/8H depending on the thread type.
Maybe you could add an image like for the other values.
Yes. I need to add that image.
Sorry, my mistake. It's a while since I last looked at threading.
With the "Rotary pipe cutting" plugin?
Yes.
Can you say weather this single 'at' appears on another positions in your code, or can I make the translation suitable only for this?
It only appears in the move operation. The way it builds up the position string is a bit ugly but I can't think of a better way.
hans

Post by hans »

Les Newell wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:38 pm
Sorry, my mistake. It's a while since I last looked at threading.
So another tool definition is needed for another thread size with the same tool?
Les Newell wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:38 pm
Can you say weather this single 'at' appears on another positions in your code, or can I make the translation suitable only for this?
It only appears in the move operation. The way it builds up the position string is a bit ugly but I can't think of a better way.
Its ok so...
hans

Post by hans »

After spending a final day on the translation I can proudly present you the german translation 2.0. I reviewed all fields so the big number of spelling errors is away now :-). With the fields I have knowledge of where they belong to I tried to to the best fitted translation.
Attachments
de.zip
(102.81 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
hans

Post by hans »

While reviewing I came across this field:

Screenshot_2021-01-22_19-07-47.png
Screenshot_2021-01-22_19-07-47.png (11.86 KiB) Viewed 27552 times

What is this about? It looks like a nice feature that I don't know...
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

hans wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:47 pm So another tool definition is needed for another thread size with the same tool?
You define the thread size in the threading operation, not the tool.
I'm not sure where your translation got those from. They were part of a feature I was developing a long while back but they are no longer used.
The Mach3 plugin does this automatically. I am working on a way to add functionality similar to the Mach3 plugin for LinuxCNC, EdingCNC etc but it's a fairly low priority at the moment.
After spending a final day on the translation I can proudly present you the german translation 2.0
Thank you. Did you make many changes to de.po?
hans

Post by hans »

Les Newell wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:02 pm You define the thread size in the threading operation, not the tool.
Ah yes I missed that, Thanks.
Les Newell wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:02 pm
I'm not sure where your translation got those from. They were part of a feature I was developing a long while back but they are no longer used.
The Mach3 plugin does this automatically. I am working on a way to add functionality similar to the Mach3 plugin for LinuxCNC, EdingCNC etc but it's a fairly low priority at the moment.
Me neither. The question is where you got the german translation from where my translation is based on ;-)
Les Newell wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:02 pm
After spending a final day on the translation I can proudly present you the german translation 2.0
Thank you. Did you make many changes to de.po?
Only a few to de.po. But maybe there are diff tools for po files...
hans

Post by hans »

Some more optimization...
Attachments
messages.po.zip
(48.29 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Thanks.
hans

Post by hans »

I put the translation files to Github. So if you want to make a new release Les, just grab them from there: https://github.com/hansu/sheetcam-german-translation