Sluggish duplicating parts Development ver

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SeanP

Sluggish duplicating parts Development ver

Post by SeanP »

I'm sure this has got worse in last few updates Les, same thing on house pc as well.

I used to be able to get 3 or 4 sheets of parts onto one job file before it slowed down, even a sheet with 15 parts seems to start getting jumpy when nesting parts, tried a comparison using tng version and that does seem better, looking at task manger, cpu usage is getting high when moving parts around, any ideas?
Attachments
10mm.job
(115.99 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Re: Sluggish duplicating parts Development ver

Post by Les Newell »

Do you have full tool paths enabled? It's in the nesting right-click menu.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Thanks Les, yes I did have that enabled, it does help with that off, but there still seems to be a fair difference between between tng and dev versions when selecting parts laid out over say 2 sheets with 260 parts in total, dev is a lot slower for some reason.
By the way new features are superb, search in quick load and parts count are spot on!

I did a quick video to try and show what I mean.

https://youtu.be/_nEF9FiKyxM
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

That does look a bit much. I'll do some profiling and see if I can figure out what is going on.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

That seems better now Les.
Really liking the new custom shortcut keys, great how you can just use a single key as well, apart from mode/nesting can't seem to get it to change to a single key.
Good work, thanks.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

You can't use a single key. Say for instance you mapped the key '5' to the nesting mode. Now every time you press 5, even if you are in the middle of editing a number, it will switch to nesting mode.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

I see what you mean there, but saying that I have most of the other set to a single key and get around it easy enough, numbers you can use the keypad numbers and map top row numbers and with letters only time it seems to cause that problem is renaming a part, which can be got around by using caps.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Alternatively use the function keys. You can use them without ctrl or alt. If I remember correctly F1 is hard mapped to help so you can't use that one.