Nesting mode

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
SeanP

Re: Nesting mode

Post by SeanP »

Les Newell wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:13 pm It's in the new release.
Wow, that's some service! getting to search box will be a real time saver, it's working great, many thanks.
Was thinking you were talking about the search box saying it's in the new release, but then noticed the cut distance addition in the release notes as well, brilliant!
I don't like saying but I don't actually see it showing on my status bar after the update, unless I'm doing something wrong, sounds really good anyway, nice one!
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (138.32 KiB) Viewed 6747 times
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

djreiswig wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 pm How about number of pierces?
Good thinking, that would be ideal.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

djreiswig wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:49 pm Excellent idea. How about number of pierces?
Heh. I should have thought of that.
I don't like saying but I don't actually see it showing on my status bar after the update
I've done some experimentation and it looks like the update didn't work properly. I managed to replicate the issue on my XP test VM. It looks like it installed the plugins, which is why you see the search, but it did not update SheetCam itself, even though it reports the new version number. If you manually download and install the latest version you should see the cut distance.

I'm glad you mentioned this because it highlights a flaw in the updater that needs to be investigated further. I tested the update on my development computer and it worked correctly. I suspect the installer is sometimes trying to install the update before SheetCam has fully closed. I hate these faults that only happen sometimes :evil:
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

I downloaded directly and installed and just like you said, cut distance now shows on status bar, brilliant job!
Many thanks 👍
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Number of pierces will be in the next release. Just a note about this info. It shows the cut distance and number of pierces for the currently displayed toolpaths. For instance in most modes, only the current part has it's tool paths shown so the cut distance is for just that part. Simulation and nesting normally show the full tool paths so you'll get the full distance for all parts.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

That should be very handy. Thanks Les. You da man. 8)
tinman13

Post by tinman13 »

Some very handy new features! Thanks Les!!
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

I might be pushing it now! :lol:
It would be nice though, quite often I seem to mess up with quantities, if it showed the selected or parts count for enabled parts.
I do use reports to check numbers but I'm always looking for ways to speed up :roll:
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (43.93 KiB) Viewed 6705 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The next release will have this. You will have to hover your mouse over the parts tree to see the info.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Excellent! many thanks.
SeanP

Post by SeanP »

Nice surprise there tonight Les, looks great and working perfect.
Some great timesaving features added recently, thanks for all your hard work.
tinman13

Post by tinman13 »

Hi Les, I might be missing something but shouldn't the lock icon's be showing? The lock function seems to work just the icon doesn't show up.
Thanks, Steve
Attachments
Sheetcam lock.PNG
Sheetcam lock.PNG (50.68 KiB) Viewed 6678 times
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

Oops, I never noticed that. It will be fixed in the next release.