Print tool table

Having problems with or questions about SheetCam? Post them here.
David_Lelen01

Print tool table

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Got another crazy idea.... is it possible to print the tool table as displayed in sheetcam? I know i can open the excel file and print from there, but it is not formatted all nice and pretty and easily legible. I would say i could just screenshot the tool table window, but unfortunately i have too many tools to display all on one screen and the print quality of the resulting screenshot is terrible.
djreiswig

Re: Print tool table

Post by djreiswig »

Can't you open the excel file and format it all pretty? I don't know what it looks like, but formatting in excel isn't all that difficult.
If it's delimited, then text to columns should make it all pretty.
David_Lelen01

Post by David_Lelen01 »

Can't you open the excel file and format it all pretty? I don't know what it looks like, but formatting in excel isn't all that difficult.
If it's delimited, then text to columns should make it all pretty.
I'm sorry, the way i worded that was incorrect. The tool table is not actually stored as an excel file, i just use excel to do mass editing of several tools at one time. The tool table is actually a text file with each and every parameter on a new line. No CSV, no delimiters, anything like that. At least as far as i have figured out so far.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

I've never looked at the actual file, but I'm sure there is a way to format it the way you want it. You could always write a macro in excel to clean it up.
I'll look at it when I get a chance and see if I can figure something out.
Les Newell
Site Admin

Post by Les Newell »

The dev version of SheetCam has the option to save a tool table as CSV. File->import/export toolset.
djreiswig

Post by djreiswig »

Question for Les. At what point do some of the new features in the Dev version get moved over to the stable version? I have tried the Dev version a few times, but I seem to have issues with it crashing on me, so I keep going back to the stable version.
I would like to see the lead settings assigned to the tools for one.
Something like exporting the tool table would seem to be a simple addition that wouldn't cause any problems.